Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT and Palpatations  (Read 1369 times)

dollypolly

• First Flush
HRT and Palpatations
« on: February 07, 2022, 07:16:57 PM »

I have had Palpatations for over 30 years due to anxiety/depressive disorder.
  i have been taking propranol 40mg when needed.over that 30 year period. i needed them in periods of my life and others i would have one in the morning, and not need another
I started HRT 5 months ago,  we are still trying to get the dose right. but my palpatations have got much worse since i started, i thought it might settle down, but it hasnt,  i am talking propranolol x3 times a day currently. I mentioned to my Gp, and i have an appointment at outpatient cardiology on the 17th, to make sure heart is still in a normal rhythm.
I am  quite concerned about it,  anxiety is not helping matters, but i was under the impression that palpatations tended to happen when you had hot flashes, and i dont have any hot flashes and never have..  any input or advice welcomed, thank you in advance

Tinkerbell

Re: HRT and Palpatations
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 07:35:58 PM »

Mine are really bad at the moment. When i first started HRT it helped the ones i got at night, wasn't troubled by them too much in day. I had ECG that was normal a couple of weeks ago, did hope they would ease after that but not the case. I am under an awful lot of stress at moment so i guess that is why they are bad and i am on Atenolol.

Turkish delight

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 07:55:05 PM »

Palpitations are listed as a symptom of menopause also, so it may be that and not necessarily the HRT.

dollypolly

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 08:09:37 PM »

Thank you both for your replies

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 11:42:47 PM »

And just to make it more confusing palpitations can be a symptom of both too much and too little oestrogen.

dollypolly

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 10:50:24 AM »

wow, its an absolute mindfield isnt it

Turkish delight

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 11:20:41 AM »

We should rename "The menopause" as "The minefield" Your on to something there  ;)

alibeau

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 12:48:01 PM »

I too suffer with horrid palpitations.

I am currently undergoing heart tests due to family history, so far CT scan is fine and also had ecg and ultrasound, both about to be repeated but so far all fine.

Following advice on here I started taking good quality magnesium and this has really helped. If I ever forget to take it I can see a real difference.

I would absolutely give it a try.

Ali x

dollypolly

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 05:19:27 PM »

Thanks, i will give magnesium a try

Muriel

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 06:04:48 PM »

My palpitations are very bad as well, the menopause clinic increased my Estradot from 100 mcg to 125mcg 3 weeks ago ( Utrogestan 100mg at night) and since last week I’ve had the most horrible sweats and pounding heart,waking me up 3-4 times a night.
I’ve also been taking propranolol too but I think they make me feel ‘odd’ like kind of disconnected.
I’m thinking too much estrogen but recent estradiol count came back as 288, which apparently is low so I’m totally confused, also when I remove the patch my skin is always damp underneath so I’m thinking I’m not absorbing the full amount?!

Winterose

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 01:15:34 PM »

I’ve just upped my hrt ( from 130 to 150:)as palpitations were becoming more noticeable and happy to say they’ve pretty much stopped . I am also taking magnesium . It’s a balance as years ago when I upped my hrt a bit I had side effects but hasn’t happened this time . I also take thyroxine as my levels were borderline . That helped too