Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Breast pain  (Read 1354 times)

Katherine

Breast pain
« on: February 09, 2022, 08:23:10 AM »

Hi all, I started taking oestrogen and utrogestan a week ago and my breasts have gone up like water balloons and I have sore nipples. Has anyone had this side effect and is it permanent?

Katherine

Re: Breast pain
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:25:53 AM »

Oestrogel I meant

JoannFran

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:57:43 AM »

Hi. I haven’t experience this myself but In my hours and hours of research recently I’ve definitely read that this can be a common side effect from HRT and hopefully settles down in 3 months.
Xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 09:14:11 AM »

The sdie effects from oestrogen should settle if the dose is not too high though my boobs have remained permanently larger and fuller while on HRT. From my experience the progesterone effects remain though I've never stayed on it long enough to know if these settle. For me after 2 weeks they don't - but as I keep to taking prog cyclically I don;t think about it any more - just relieved when I stop taking it and get back to normal!

Hurdity x

Turkish delight

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 03:29:16 PM »

Hia,

Mine did when I first started, they were kinda engorged with blood I guess. No issues with nipples but hey, we're all different.

That was a few years back, they did/have remained more bouncy, even at age 54 but not as much as in the first instance. I noticed it again when I increased pumps, they also pumped and settled. I think you either get used to it or it deflates enough not to draw your attention after 1st noticing if that makes sense.

TD

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »

Hello Katherine.

I noticed an increase in breast tenderness when I increased Oestrogen. I have used both Oestrogel and Sandrena gel and the effect was the same. Most recently I also had some spotting and then bleeding so I reduced the gel and this resolved along with the breast tenderness.

Hopefully your body adapts to your HRT and this side effect settles for you.

Take care.

K.

Ches15

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »

Yes, I suffer in exactly the same way as soon as i start on the progesterone phase of my HRT. I compare it to when i was pregnant, same swollen breasts and sore nipples  :'(

Katherine

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated. It sounds like there is a chance this will settle or that I will get used to it so hopefully it will be ok. Thanks again ladies. x