Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Morning cortisol rushes - last stages of perimso (I think)  (Read 1450 times)

Dandelion

Morning cortisol rushes - last stages of perimso (I think)
« on: February 10, 2022, 06:34:58 PM »

Hello
I had a long peri started at 42 yrs of age, went up to 100mcg of oestrogen with 200mg micronised prog as I still have womb.
Drs had to gradually reduce my oestrogen down to 25mcg oestrogen with prog due to bleeds, however I only have night sweats and no more nasty flushes, just sweats on exertion, so I think I am coming through the end of it.
I am here because some mornings I wake with horrible cortisol anxiety rushes, before I fully awake, these are recent.
Fluctuations are the only thing I can think of yet, these are worse and recent.
Can anyone explain them as they are new.
Thanks

jaypo

Re: Morning cortisol rushes - last stages of perimso (I think)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 07:08:48 PM »

Cortisol rushes are very common,especially in the morning,I'm post meno by a few years now and I still get them,with mine comes a racing brain,don't quite know how else to put it and yes of course the anxiety.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 06:04:11 PM »

Cortisol rushes are very common,especially in the morning,I'm post meno by a few years now and I still get them,with mine comes a racing brain,don't quite know how else to put it and yes of course the anxiety.
Sorry you are getting that too, at post meno.
Are you on hot?

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 06:44:40 PM »

Hahaha yes,I'm on hot,permanently  ;D  I'm guessing you meant hrt,no,I'm not,sometimes I wish I was though,the anxiety is awful,hot flushes I can deal with

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 07:28:22 PM »

Hello ladies.

Dandelion - I wonder if you have reduced your Oestrogen too quickly and this is why a new meno symptom has appeared, certainly 25mcg is a very low dose.

I also used to get huge cortisol /adrenaline rushes just as I was waking up in the morning. They would take my breath away. This was mainly a year or two after my last period and before I began HRT.

Take care.

K.

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 07:37:13 AM »

Yes I'm with Kathleen on this, that is a very low dose and it could well be not quite enough to deal with all the Meno symptoms.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 06:15:56 PM »

Hahaha yes,I'm on hot,permanently  ;D  I'm guessing you meant hrt,no,I'm not,sometimes I wish I was though,the anxiety is awful,hot flushes I can deal with
Hello
I did mean hrt - my auto correct gets on my nerves, although it is handy sometimes, and as a result I do not always remember to see what it has typed, apologies for that.

I am not sure if the anxiety is caused by lowering oestrogen levels or lowering progesterone levels.
My logic would say progesterone as it is a relaxing hormone, however, I am no expert and could well be wrong.

Maybe you are having a long peri? Maybe you are not?
I said this because mine started at 42 years of age, and I am now 55.
Thankfully, I have not continued to have those spikes in cortisol I got before I made the OP.
I was paranoid that it was the "Shape of things to come".

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 01:53:14 AM »

Hello ladies.

Dandelion - I wonder if you have reduced your Oestrogen too quickly and this is why a new meno symptom has appeared, certainly 25mcg is a very low dose.

I also used to get huge cortisol /adrenaline rushes just as I was waking up in the morning. They would take my breath away. This was mainly a year or two after my last period and before I began HRT.

Take care.

K.
I had abnormal vaginal bleeds, so I had to see a gynaecologist, get a hysteroscopy as my womb lining was slightly thickend, oestrogen was 100mcg, it was reduced by 25mcg, the bleeds kept coming back until it was reduced to 25mcg.
I have small fibroids, but my womb doesn't like more than 25mcg or it bleeds.
Yeah those are horrible to wake up to.
Taking your breath sounds awful.
I hope you are ok now.