Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cystitis  (Read 4677 times)

Gracie

Re: Cystitis
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2022, 02:30:27 PM »

I have found them really accurate, I wanted to know if I actually had an infection at all. The doctor did a dipstick test at the surgery and used the same ones as I had purchased online. I guess they’re not 100% but a useful indicator and so far they have worked for me.
Same with me, I used them every time I thought I had an infection when what I now know was a flare up of vaginal atrophy.  Testing my own urine prevented me from ringing the surgery and asking for more antibiotics. Using the dipsticks reassured me it wasn't an infection which enabled me to concentrate on the vaginal atrophy treatment. 

skkb

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2022, 05:09:27 PM »

Gracie, that’s really interesting, VA hadn’t even registered in my brain and now I’m thinking “ is that what I have “ . As I still have HRT on three days each week I assumed ( perhaps wrongly) that my estrogen levels were ok. Certainly food for thought. I just wish that the GP surgeries would ask more questions outside the box !!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2022, 06:05:57 PM »

skkb - VA treatment ins't HRT.  I don't require HRT but have used VA treatments successfully.

Good point Gracie  :thankyou:

skkb

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2022, 09:26:12 AM »

Gracie, what symptoms do you get. I don’t have any discomfort whatsoever in my vagina, no pain, no burning etc, nothing!! My only symptom is the urge to pee frequently, again no burning or pain. I’m troubled thinking how can it be VA without vaginal pain/discomfort. I also haven’t had these symptoms for 3 years…….how often do you get flare ups? How is VA confirmed…..not over the phone that’s for sure!! Oh, I occasionally get sore outside around my vagina but this is effectively treated with Betnovate ointment within  2/3 days….

Aprilflower

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2022, 09:31:11 AM »

I believe there is a condition called irritable bladder.

If you are not suffering inflammation from your previous infection, it could be that.  Not every ailment is hormone related. 

Gracie

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »

skkb, I am about 7 months into vaginal atrophy which is early days for this condition. I suffered severe burning, soreness so bad I couldn't sit down and frequent urges to pee.
Just had my first flare up which meant the above symptoms returning but increasing the dosage of Ovestin used locally to get me back on track. I use Vagifem every day as my symptoms seem to be more on the severe side, in other words I dare not miss a day without using Ovestin and Vagifem.

We are all different and you may well have something else going on but hope you get it sorted soon.

skkb

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2022, 04:56:56 PM »

Thanks Gracie, I really don’t think that VA is my problem as I don’t have any of the typical symptoms, so something else going on I’m sure. Can’t get to see doctor for 2/3 weeks by which time I’ll be totally stressed out. Looked a irritable bladder as suggested by another MM member but that doesn’t really fit the bill either. Doubt I’ll settle until I’ve had a cystoscopy !!!!!

Gracie

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2022, 10:37:58 PM »

Do keep us updated, skkb. Your symptoms are interesting and might help others on here, it's not always VA of course!
Best wishes for your cystoscopy, hope it all goes well for you!

skkb

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2022, 10:58:55 AM »

Thanks Gracie, it’ll be a while if/when I can get a cystercopy as I’m going away for a week, which is also stressing me out whilst I feel this way. Unfortunately INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS seems to be ME, which is quite depressing but I’m not jumping to conclusions yet. Blood test results should be back next week but then I’m away!!! It’s never easy
Pages: 1 2 [3]