Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT and bleeding  (Read 1205 times)

Nas

HRT and bleeding
« on: February 19, 2022, 09:39:17 AM »

Does HRT cause periods to return if you are post menopausal?
Or is the bleeding caused by hormonal stimulation of the womb?

I was on evorel patches and utrogestan for over a year, but plagued with bleeding on and off. I’ve since switched to femeston conti, but three weeks in, I’ve got cramps!

Had a hysteroscopy two weeks ago, all clear. Womb lining is thin.

What is going on? Have my periods returned? Last natural one was August 2018. Nothing for two years, even when on gel and utrogestan.

I don’t understand. Am I even post menopausal??

Thanks  :)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 09:41:42 AM by Nas »

CrispyChick

Re: HRT and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 09:48:25 AM »

No advice - but I'm so glad your scan was clear - as I know you were very worried about it xx

Nas

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 09:58:07 AM »

Thanks crispy,
It’s such a minefield all of this menopause malarchy!

😀

lizzog

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 12:04:54 PM »

I was just about to make a post and then read yours! I’m supposed to be post menopausal according to bloods and a long period without bleeding. I had my Mirena coil removed last October and continued on Utrogeston and oestrogel- bled in November and as I’d had scans in the summer which were fine my GP said not to worry it was probably because of the Mirena removal. Things settled down and no more bleeding.
I couldn’t get hold of the gel so switched to Evorel patches for a couple of weeks until I could get hold of the gel again. I then had really sore boobs and I’m bleeding again  >:( so sick of it all! I’ll ring the GP on Monday as she told me to if there was any more bleeding but I can’t help thinking it’s the change of HRT that has messed things up yet again.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 01:00:30 PM »

Hi it’s likely to be the change in hrt that is causing the bleeding. Were  you period free for a year before starting hrt ? X

Nas

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 01:16:00 PM »

Hi Dotty,
Yes I was period free for a year prior to Hrt. I was then on gel and utro for 2 years with no bleeding.

4 months into patches and bleeding started. Now 3 weeks into tablets and cramps! 😕

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 03:25:32 PM »

Hi how much gel were you using ? What strength patch did you change to ? xx

Nas

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 03:37:47 PM »

About 3 pumps of gel. I switched to 75 patch. Not a single bleed or cramp on the gel but I hated it. Didn’t sort my symptoms and made me feel sick and dizzy.

Nas

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 09:08:27 PM »

Oh man, the cramps are doing my head in!

Do I stop the femeston and forget HRT now ? Trouble is I need the oestrogen. Or do I persevere?

Other options are 50 patch, 1mg sandrena or lenzetto, all with utrogestan.

Help !

Nas

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 11:41:56 AM »

Any one got any further thoughts? I mean what are these cramps about anyway ?? I’m post menopausal 🤷‍♀️

Emm225

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 08:01:08 AM »

No thoughts I am afraid but I have had shows for the last few months...very little but enough...and didn't used to.  Was going to post to ask but saw your post.  I am on estrodot and utrogestan.  I wonder if it is the level of hormones? Hope you get sorted, keep us posted.  It's a nightmare getting through to our doctors though....