Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Should I bleed during break from Utrogestan?  (Read 920 times)

Keeleyruth

Should I bleed during break from Utrogestan?
« on: February 09, 2022, 12:41:11 PM »

Hi,

I have been using Utrogestan since December and take it vaginally for 12 days out of every month but do not bleed during the break. Is that usual? I thought the break bought about a 'bleed'.

I'm 7 yrs Peri.... getting a little worried about this. Any advice is appreciated :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should I bleed during break from Utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 02:06:31 PM »

Cna't help but didn't want to read and dash. Sure someone will be along with advice !

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 03:11:39 PM »

Yes you should. If there hasn't been a build up or if your own cycle is overriding the hrt one then you won't. My own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one. How many bleeds have you missed? If it's just one I would wait and see what happens next time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 02:09:12 PM »

:bouncing:

ConfusedAboutHRT

• 51, peri, 75mg estrogel, mirena coil in situ
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 10:10:34 AM »

Yes you should. If there hasn't been a build up or if your own cycle is overriding the hrt one then you won't. My own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one. How many bleeds have you missed? If it's just one I would wait and see what happens next time.

He Sheila, sorry to hijack your reply here but I was curious about you saying your own cycle is stronger than hrt one. I’ve just posted a question about this on the forum - I break for two weeks on utro but this month didn’t get a withdrawal bleed so don’t know what to do now about when to take the utro again.   Full post here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,60869.0.html

Thanks in advance

Keeleyruth

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 09:30:40 AM »

How do I know what day to start taking the Utro? I randomly picked the 20th of each month as I wasn't having a regular cycle (every couple of months or so). When people talk about days I'm not sure if i am taking it correctly as I just picked a random day to start taking it and now follow that cycle - Not that i bleed??
It's so confusing!!! :-\