Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan - need advice please!  (Read 728 times)

Gracecat

Utrogestan - need advice please!
« on: February 09, 2022, 10:44:32 AM »

Morning ladies! I need some help with an issue to do with Utrogestan and wondered if anybody might be able to share their experience with me?

At the end of last year I had a really bad experience. I started taking a 100mg Utrogestan capsule (as well as Sandrena gel) daily, despite having problems (palpitations, feeling dizzy) when taking Utrogestan before. Within a few months I started with a racing heart and anxiety, ending up in A&E on New Years Eve. My hormone doctor advised me to come straight off the Utrogestan for a few weeks to see if that was causing the issue. The good news is that it seems to have done the trick.

I have spoken to her again today and she has advised that I need to go back on to progesterone if I am going to continue to take Sandrena. However she has recommended that I take it vaginally rather than orally.

I have to be honest and say that I’m really scared of getting these terrible symptoms again as I thought I was dying! So my question is – has anyone swapped from taking Utrogestan orally to vaginally, and what was their experience like?

I’d love to hear from others about this. Thanks very much everyone!  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan - need advice please!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 10:57:11 AM »

Not a pleasant experience!   :tulips2:

I think that women do use this vaginally.  MayB put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)