Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT PATCHES ADVISE PLEASE  (Read 862 times)

Tjsinspain

• First Flush
HRT PATCHES ADVISE PLEASE
« on: February 08, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »

Hi there, I started the menopause about 6/7 years ago, for the past 3 years I have been using HRT, firstly the combined patch that I changed twice a week, and after that I had to change to the progesterone tablets and gel combination when there was a patch shortage, but having preferred the patches about 3 months ago  I took my box to the chemist in Spain where I live,  hoping the patches were back in stock which they were, they gave me patches that I have been using successfully, but have since realised that maybe I should not be using them as they are 2 faze patches the first 2 weeks is oestrogen only then the 3/4 week is the combined patch with the progesterone, my question is as I still have a womb should I be taking progesterone continuously? Thank you for any help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT PATCHES ADVISE PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 12:40:49 PM »

Certainly you require progesterone if you have your womb.  Could your Pharmacist give advice?

MayB put the name of the product into the search box on the Forum, make notes ;-).  Let us know how you get on.  How do you feel overall?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 03:15:49 PM »

You can do either. Most women prefer conti so they don't bleed, others who don't do well on progesterone prefer a bleed to continuous progesterone. Some use a 6 week cycle to have more prog free days.

Tjsinspain

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 08:57:56 PM »

:)Oh that’s great thank you very much for taking time to help x