Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Got Covid and need to stay calm (but feel like on verge of panic) :(  (Read 2779 times)

loonarider

Hi all,

So my partner has covid after doing a series of lat flow tests (which all came back negative) then deciding to do a PCR test which came back positive.

It's crazy since Friday with symptoms and still the rapiid tests show up as negative. Anyway I suppose I have it now, no symptoms yet aside form a very slight sore throat, but I get that all the time 

Anyway, I'm starting to feel like I'm about to go into a massive panic attack ( I suffer from panic disorder). I have had my booster vaccine but still think I'll end up in hospital gasping for breath.

I need some positive stories. Will I be OK?

No I symptoms yet, but feels like the calm before the storm. 

sheila99

Re: Got Covid and need to stay calm (but feel like on verge of panic) :(
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 11:25:38 PM »

You wouldn't be the first to live with someone who has covid and not get it. You're triple vaccinated so the symptoms should be mild even if you do (though of course there are no guarantees).

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 11:35:02 PM »

You wouldn't be the first to live with someone who has covid and not get it. You're triple vaccinated so the symptoms should be mild even if you do (though of course there are no guarantees).

I really hope I haven't got it already and I have to keep telling myself that I'm triple vaccinated and I'll be OK.

Thanks Sheila. X
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:38:02 PM by loonarider »

getting_old

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 11:52:01 PM »

No guarantees, but I'm guessing that your partner hasn't needed to be hospitalised? Looking at the statistics the chances of you needing to be hospitalised after being triple vaccinated are very low. Of course it could happen, but it's also possible that you've had it for several days, maybe even before your partner, and you're not going to have any symptoms at all.

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 11:55:59 PM »

No guarantees, but I'm guessing that your partner hasn't needed to be hospitalised? Looking at the statistics the chances of you needing to be hospitalised after being triple vaccinated are very low. Of course it could happen, but it's also possible that you've had it for several days, maybe even before your partner, and you're not going to have any symptoms at all.

I was actually thinking that I may be asymptomatic and have passed it on to him.

There are many possibilities. I don't get out much as stay at home step parent/long distance studying. My partner works full time but has been super diligent, wearing N95 masks and his job is mostly working alone.

The chink in the chain could be the kids who are mingling with other kids at school who aren't masked (they are, though are also double vaccinated).

Who knows maybe I caught from the kids and passed it on. But thankfully so far partner says it's like a mild cold.

Woolly

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 07:51:09 AM »

Sending you a virtual hug. 🤗 I have health anxiety and I know that horrible feeling of panic building up at times like this. Most scenarios that I imagine in my mind never happen though, and the best thing I've found is to try to just do the day I'm in and stop myself from thinking too far ahead. I distract myself with planning craft projects, going for a walk, reading about interesting subjects online like local history, nature stuff or other non medical things. Relaxation helps too, and watching comedy stuff as it releases tension. Hang in there!❤️

holidaylover

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 11:04:24 AM »

loonarider, Hi, just wishing you well too.  I know lots of people who have tested positive lately, and none of them had any more that a wee bit of a sore throat and a runny nose.  Have you done a lateral flow?  I suffer panic disorder too and have terrible health anxiety, so know what it's like to always see the worse case scenario.  The number in hospital is dropping (and especially ICU) and to be honest, I wish they would stop telling us as it does nothing for us anxiety sufferers.  Try to tell yourself that those who are really ill, will mostly, have underlying issues now or be unvaccinated.  There's nothing more you can do now, so try to think positive thoughts. Laughing that I have just told someone else to do this!!

loonarider

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 11:07:44 AM »

Sending you a virtual hug. 🤗 I have health anxiety and I know that horrible feeling of panic building up at times like this. Most scenarios that I imagine in my mind never happen though, and the best thing I've found is to try to just do the day I'm in and stop myself from thinking too far ahead. I distract myself with planning craft projects, going for a walk, reading about interesting subjects online like local history, nature stuff or other non medical things. Relaxation helps too, and watching comedy stuff as it releases tension. Hang in there!❤️

Thank you so much Woolly! That's some helpful advice and has had an instant calming effect.  :D

loonarider

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 11:11:15 AM »

loonarider, Hi, just wishing you well too.  I know lots of people who have tested positive lately, and none of them had any more that a wee bit of a sore throat and a runny nose.  Have you done a lateral flow?  I suffer panic disorder too and have terrible health anxiety, so know what it's like to always see the worse case scenario.  The number in hospital is dropping (and especially ICU) and to be honest, I wish they would stop telling us as it does nothing for us anxiety sufferers.  Try to tell yourself that those who are really ill, will mostly, have underlying issues now or be unvaccinated.  There's nothing more you can do now, so try to think positive thoughts. Laughing that I have just told someone else to do this!!

Yes it's funny that! I always seem to be the one dishing out my pearls of wisdom, but don't follow them myself!  ;D

Very grateful for your feedback, it is needed when it's hard to think rationally! The news/social media doesn't help. I've deactivated my Facebook account and have a new book that I'm looking forward to reading, so will get on that. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 12:38:44 PM »

Oh I'm so good at offering Pearls of Wisdom, when I was counselling on the 'phone DH would mutter "MayB take your own advice!"

LFT aren't always a good way of finding out if we are positive/not - PCRs are more accurate.  Apparently.  Why did your partner decide to take LFTs?

Apparently some people are still being 'pinged'  :o I thought that went out with the Ark  ::).  We never signed up for that!

Stand outside in the sunshine and breath.  Logic goes out the window with panic disorder  :'(

Woolly

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 06:21:19 PM »

Thank you so much Woolly! That's some helpful advice and has had an instant calming effect.  :D

Aww, good to hear, loonarider!💕 xx

littleminnie

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 06:27:50 PM »

I’m sure you will be fine.  I know about 20 people who have had the Omicron infection and been absolutely fine.  The worst saying they felt as if they had a bad cold.

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2022, 06:31:21 PM »

Hi all,

So my partner has covid after doing a series of lat flow tests (which all came back negative) then deciding to do a PCR test which came back positive.

It's crazy since Friday with symptoms and still the rapiid tests show up as negative. Anyway I suppose I have it now, no symptoms yet aside form a very slight sore throat, but I get that all the time 

Anyway, I'm starting to feel like I'm about to go into a massive panic attack ( I suffer from panic disorder). I have had my booster vaccine but still think I'll end up in hospital gasping for breath.

I need some positive stories. Will I be OK?

No I symptoms yet, but feels like the calm before the storm.
  I got it in December despite triple vaccination but it was really mild. Felt like a very ordinary cold and not a bad one. Had it not been for Covid rules, I would have carried on going to work. I didn't test positive until day 6. Before that 2 negative PCR'S

Dierdre

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 08:54:00 PM »

All my family had it over Christmas, me first then they all took it in turns down to the youngest grandchildren. Most were like mild colds and some like a flu. All were jabbed apart from the younger ones who had it mild. I had my booster 4 weeks later and the side effects of that were worse. The only problem i had was palpatations after covid that lasted a few weeks and unexplained brusing, had ECG and bloods all was fine and im ok now.

Roobee

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 09:01:26 AM »

My 80 year old parents have had covid since last Thursday, dad has rheumatoid arthritis and take immunosuppressant drugs, Mum has dementia, diabetes and is very overweight due to lack of mobility. All things that have freaked me out about them getting covid for 2 years.
Both have a mild head cold (sneezing, runny nose) and a bit phlegmy but no cough. I have had sleepless nights and anxiety through the flipping roof, but they are fine 🙈
LF tests seems to take 2/3 days to pick it up after symptoms start, but for some it only shows on a PCR.
Hope you are still ok xx 
Pages: [1] 2