Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Should I go on Evorel Sequi after having had no periods for a year?  (Read 1193 times)

starchild76

• First Flush

I was prescribed Evorel Sequi last summer, but I've had a bit of a mental block about starting HRT. I know this is probably silly.
Anyway, my last period was about a year ago now. I am 45. Before Christmas I contacted my GP to double check that this was still the right HRT to go on. She said yes but I've dallied again and it's now been a year. I am confused as to whether I need this HRT or continuous HRT. I'm also not thrilled at the thought of dealing with bleeds again.
I will of course contact the GP again, hopefully today - we can only contact them online and they have closed their online service temporarily. So I wondered if I could perhaps also ask the hive mind here! Thank you if you can help. My reasons for wanting to start HRT are being a bit down about occasional hot flushes (they're annoying, even though they don't happen all the time), mood swings and lack of patience and a desire to protect my health in the future. x

Dotty

Re: Should I go on Evorel Sequi after having had no periods for a year?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:23:33 PM »

Hi if you’ve been period free for a year then you can go onto a continuous hrt. Have you been taking any other hormones during the last year…mini pill ? Or combined pill ?

You can use a Sequi hrt even after you’ve had no periods, but this may make you bleed monthly x

starchild76

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 10:49:52 PM »

Thank you for replying! I decided to start the patches I was given so we will see how things go x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 10:56:29 PM »

If you are on sequi and do suffer any side effects during the first few months you will be able to tell whether it is the oestrogen or progesterone that doesn't agree which is always good when starting HRT. At your young age you do need to replace the oestrogen you are naturally lacking in order to protect your heart and bones at least up to the normal menopause age of around 51 so it is good that you are giving it a go. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :)