Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does the exhaustion go?  (Read 1175 times)

Woolly

Does the exhaustion go?
« on: February 07, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »

Hello everyone,

Like many of you, I'm experiencing a ton of physical and emotional stuff during my perimenopause, and I'm exhausted most of the time. Also got fibromyalgia, so it's hard to tell which one is causing the exhaustion the most.

After menopause, does the exhaustion improve, or even go away? Needing some hope here!! Thanks!💕

Dotty

Re: Does the exhaustion go?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 03:22:45 PM »

Total exhaustion was one of my worst symptoms…..HRT sorted it out x

Woolly

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 03:28:00 PM »

It's challenging to say the least! Glad you got some relief. 💕

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 03:32:57 PM »

Crashing fatigue was a problem that my Mum had.

Have you had a recent thyroid function and VitD blood test?

Katherine

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 03:36:39 PM »

Hi Woolly,

I too am in perimenopause and feel exhausted much of the time too. I also have quite low iron levels and am taking iron due to heavy periods which I suspect is contributing to the tiredness. I have read online in several places that low energy is a symptom of perimenopause and according to my Mum, all of her friends have had HRT and they said things like 'it gave them their life back', so it sounds like HRT really is powerful. Also as I understand it, if you don't have HRT, your body does adjust to the decline in oestrogen after a few years and so the menopause symptoms do improve or go away on their own. I know everyone is different but this is the overall message I have got from extensive reading online.  Personally I have really had enough of the exhaustion, it's affecting my whole life and so I have recently started HRT to see how it makes me feel, I started it a week ago and have noticed already my sleep quality has improved which I suspect is due to the Utrogestan I take at bedtime, apparently it can do that. I hope this is useful, I just wanted to give you some hope because it seems there is a lot of it !

Woolly

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 04:11:07 PM »

Thanks CLKD and Katherine. Not sure how to reply individually!

CLJD - yes, I get regular thyroid checks and iron too. All good at the mo. Thanks again. 💕

Katherine, hope you get on well with HRT, I can't have it due to other medical issues, but I'm glad to hear the exhaustion does eventually improve even without HRT. Thanks again. 💕

Katherine

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 04:41:59 PM »

Hi Woolly,

My Mum never had HRT, she is in her seventies, works full time, standing up all day and looks after her grand kids every week too. And she is fine, she wants to do it. I would say, look after yourself really well, rest as much as you need to, ensure you are getting all your vitamins and minerals. The B vitamins are important for energy also. Even though I have a good diet I still found that taking supplements made a big difference. Your local health foods shop could be a good source of information in terms of natural remedies.x

Suzysheep

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 04:44:56 PM »

I’m suffering complete exhaustion right now, 3 years post menopause. I’m so tired I could cry! I really hope it gets better as I have zero energy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 04:54:02 PM »

VitD levels - 5 years ago I would do 20 mins weeding then sit.  Still. For 2 hours.  I had no energy.  Blood tests showed very low levels. Don't blame everything on menopause ;-)

Katherine

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 04:59:31 PM »

CLKD, I agree, Vitamin D is crucial. Every vitamin or mineral I have taken has made a big difference to me. Magnesium, for relaxation and better quality sleep. Vitamin B12 for concentration and mental energy. Vitamin D for energy and just a feeling of well being in winter. I could go on. And I have a good diet, so I never thought I needed supplements.

Postmeno3

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 05:06:52 PM »

It all comes back to absorption again, doesn't it?! Some absorb sufficiently from the right diet for them, others need help with supplements. Such an individual thing according to "conditions", possibly? Jury out on many supplements here. Placebo for me, I feel; certainly with some and at different times. 🤔

Woolly

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 06:11:07 PM »

Yes, I take a multivitamin with iron plus a healthy diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, to try and help myself as much as possible. Fresh air, rest and gentle exercise too. Hoping my energy levels eventually get better. All the best to everyone too!💕

Katherine

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 06:17:57 PM »

It sounds like you are doing everything right Woolly. I do think your energy levels will get better as your body adjusts to the hormone changes. You have our support here too. Let us know how you get on. x

Woolly

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 07:02:15 PM »

Thank you so much, Katherine!💕