Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1159 times)

Emby

• First Flush
Hello all!
« on: February 08, 2022, 11:46:04 AM »

Hi Everyone, thank you for accepting me into this group.  My Gynae has said im not absorbing the oestrogen gel ive been using for a few years now, as my levels are virtually nil.  He's put me on Bijuve capsules.  I'm trying to find info on them, but doesnt seem to be much out there to google.  He did say they were very new.  Does anyone know anything about these? I'm also concerned as one of the side effects is weight gain, and i've been battling with weight gain since starting the menopause, and can't bear the thought of putting more on! I don't know which is worse a potential new wonder drug that makes me fatter and happier or stopping HRT altogether and maybe losing a it of weight but feeling crap  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »

Hi!  did you try increasing your current regime at all?

:welcomemm:  tell us more about yourself, how your periods are behaving.  How old you might be ;-).

Emby

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:22:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply :)  I'm 59 and not had periods for around 20 years following an ablation.

I've been on the gel and progesterone tablets for 4 years now.  I've been on 4 pumps of oestrogel and 1 capsule of uterogestin daily for around 2 years now.  I started on 2 pumps daily and moved up around two years ago.  I tried the patches initially, and developed an itchy rash so stopped and went onto the gel.  My menopause symptoms are not helped by losing my husband to Cancer two years ago (I also take fluoxetine)

I do have good days, but most days I just feel like I'm wading through treacle, and the brain fog is awful! I'd love to find a bit of normal  :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 05:40:32 PM »

You have a lot to contend with!  What support have you had with regards your husband dying, CRUSE are very good. 

Hopefully someone will be along with advice.  Have you tried upping the oestrogel a few times a week?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 05:42:36 PM »

I've bounced too threads for you.

Emby

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 08:48:23 PM »

Hello again ... rather than increase the oestrogel, he changed me onto Bijuve, which I havent started yet as I want to find out a bit more about it first.  I got the impression from my Gynae that it is very new, and i'm a bit nervous about taking it until I know a bit more about how others have got on with it.  I'm still doing the old regime of 4 pumps oestrogel and 1 uterogestan.

I have had help since my husband passed away.  I've had support from our local hospice, that looked after my husband ... I've also got 3 adult children and a network of good friends who have all been wonderful  :)