Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Are my oestrogen levels ok?  (Read 952 times)

Meno44

Are my oestrogen levels ok?
« on: February 07, 2022, 01:50:05 PM »

So I’m four weeks into a oestrogel (2pumps in the morning) and 100mg utrogestan nightly regime.

I’ve noticed that I feel fine in the morning but by early evening I’m getting digestive issues, mainly bloating, excessive wind and nausea.

Yesterday from early afternoon I began to feel really rough (worse than normal) with stomach issues, this carried on all evening. It was only when getting ready for bed that I realised I’d forgotten to apply the gel in the morning.

So I woke today feeling horrible still, within an hour of applying the gel this morning I started to feel so much better and the stomach issues went.

I’m now wondering if:
A) my oestrogen level dips in the evening so I’m having issues then?
B) Should I increase the oestrogen and do an extra pump in the evening?
C) Or stay with 2 pumps but do one in the morning and on in the evening?

Just for context, I’m 46 and have not had a period for a few years now

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Are my oestrogen levels ok?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 02:10:24 PM »

What's your gut feeling?  Split to morning and evening?  Or mayB if that doesn't help, add an extra pump one night and see how you feel?  It's a bit trial and error.  You may need an extra pump occasionally each week.

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 03:18:36 PM »

I would increase by a pump and see how you go. Some women like to split their dose , others like to put it all on in the morning. I think the general thought is all in one go, but I would do what suits you best. If you are noticing it wear off my say mid afternoon then I would try doing three in the morning and see if it keeps you going. If you find you are particularly sensitive to increasing you could just go up by half a pump to start with.

Meno44

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 03:30:06 PM »

Thank you both for your replies.

I’m just not sure what to do really. Maybe I’ll try half a pump early evening and see how I get on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 03:31:32 PM »

Let us know?

Meno44

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 03:56:51 PM »

Will do, thanks for your help

Meno44

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 11:48:36 PM »

Just a little update.

I’ve been using 3 pumps since my last post and my stomach issues have got a whole lot better.

I’ve had the odd pain here and there but it’s about 95% better. Also I’m sleeping through the night now so the increase has definitely helped me

Erika28

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 07:42:56 PM »

I use 8 pumps daily. Applied once daily in the evening. I feel fine. Better than I have in a loooong time.

Flan747

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 07:34:02 AM »

That’s interesting Erika that you apply all your gel in the morning! I’m on 6 pumps and do 4 in the morning Ns 2 at night but sleep is really disturbed! I thought if I did too much at night it may make me hyper! But maybe not!