Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: NICE prescribing guidelines 2020 revision and news of a new HRT tablet Bijuve  (Read 1584 times)

KatyB

I happened to come across these NICE prescribing guidelines, and it struck me a) there's much more acceptance of some of the problems people have had with some regimes, and b) there's a lot more focus on 3 monthly regimes and decent mentions for urogenital symptoms and treatments and c) choice of hormones has some specifics on symptoms of intolerance and what to try to swop to...so I thought it might be useful to some - but bear in mind it is intended for medical practitioners, so perhaps for bringing to doctors, not just changing by yourself...either way here it ishttps://cks.nice.org.uk/topics/menopause/management/management-of-menopause-perimenopause-or-premature-ovarian-insufficiency/

Separately, under the updates section it has this little note, which might be good news for some?
Bijuve (bio-identical estradiol and progesterone) capsules as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) has been approved as the first oral combined HRT with bio-identical hormones for use in the UK. It is a combination of 1 mg bio-identical estradiol and 100 mg bio-identical progesterone in a once-daily oral softgel capsule.

Perinowpost

That’s really good news KatyB good researching and thanks for sharing x

Lamplighter

Hello KatyB thanks for posting that, and for the link to the NICE guidelines, serendipitous as I was just trying to find out the guidelines after reading a more recent post and couldn't find any reference to age limits or types of HRT - obviously there is a plethora of guidelines floating about the internet and this one is particularly useful when dealing with recalcitrant GP's.

The trick seems to be adding the cks - as I just keyed in NICE and menopause and only got some wishy washy overview.

Thanks again

LL

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:bouncing: for new member