Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to menopause  (Read 646 times)

Menopausedafty

• First Flush
New to menopause
« on: February 07, 2022, 11:32:06 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Just looking for some advice . Docs are ruling out other things prior to confirming I’m peri menopausal. However I have constant cramp or dragging feeling and have had for the last two months with no period. Is this normal? And if so will it go away with HRT .

Also have any of you ladies found my get up and go cause it seems to have got up and gone 😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to menopause
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 12:52:39 PM »

Yep.  Crashing fatigue can be dreadful.  I remember my Mum suddenly sitting down in the middle of chores and dropping off to sleep  :o

:welcomemm: some find that keeping a mood/food/ysmptom diary useful.  To chart progress.  MayBe decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

How are your periods behaving?   Mine waxed and waned for about 3 years then stopped ........

Is your GP recommending any blood tests, important to get thyroid function and VitD levels checked.  Let us know how you get on.

Menopausedafty

• First Flush
Re: New to menopause
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 03:51:47 PM »

Hi, thank you for your response.  I M on the contraceptive implanon so my periods were negligible , maybe every  couple of months if that. Yes they are checking my thyroid and stuff , just waiting on results .