Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Morning doom and anxiety  (Read 3169 times)

BeachLife

Re: Morning doom and anxiety
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2022, 07:35:53 PM »

Hi ladies, had a slightly better day thanks as hubby been at home. Took the dog for a long walk. Excited for tomorrow as going to Durham to see my son at uni. It helps having something to look forward to I think.
I'm going to try the HRT again, I know it won't cure everything but it's got to be better than this.
This time last year I hadn't heard of peri menopause how mad is that?! It's hit me like a bloody train! Hope you all doing ok. Here if you want to chat xxx

Hey great to hear you had a better day than usual.  My Husband is off tomorrow too wahoo!
Have a great day with your son xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 07:54:55 PM »

Gingercatmom I have the exact same feelings as you. I absolutely dread the days I am home alone which is quite a lot.

I wake anytime from 3am onwards and never really get back to sleep because of these feelings

I try to keep busy throughout the day with different things

I also have elderly parents living about 40 mins away who I visit 3-4 times a week and cook, clean etc for so this keeps me occupied too

When I’m home I go for walks, clean the house, cook, anything to keep me constantly busy

I also find that by the evening time I feel fine, but know when I get into bed that it will all start over again

I keep in my mind that hopefully all this will pass

Hugs to you and hope you find something that will help xx

Gingercatmom

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2022, 08:39:34 PM »

Thanks beachlife, hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

Curlygirl isn't it awful? I grieve for the woman I was. I don't recognise myself anymore. I've spent hours on menopause forums and take heart that many women say that it all passes eventually.
I care for my mom too, she has Alzheimer's which is cruel. Hard time of life isn't it? Thought life would be a breeze when the kids got older!

Purplesu

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 08:46:29 PM »

Hi ladies,

Hope you all had a nice day today.
For me, it was not too bad, felt like I had some control over my emotions. Work always helps by shifting the focus away from doom and gloom. Still don't feel like me though. Too strung out most of the time, but I'm taking it one day at a time, one hour after the other.

Any LOTR fans here? I feel like Bilbo Baggins once did: "I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”

Here's to a better tomorrow for all :peace:

Curlygirl

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 09:28:01 PM »

Gingercatmom it is a difficult time of life with parents on one side needing us and grown up children on the other also needing us still

I’m not in anyway the person I was even this time last year.

All has come as such a shock to me, but it does definitely help to know there are others out there feeling the same and to know that eventually it will pass

I feel for you with your mum to look after, It is such a cruel disease

My mum had sepsis about a year and a half ago and it’s left her with lots of issues mentally as well as physically

It’s a lot for us to cope with when we don’t feel ourselves

Hopefully we will all come out the other side soon. Until then one day at a time

Hugs to you xx

Pages: 1 [2]