Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti side effects  (Read 1241 times)

hwils

Evorel Conti side effects
« on: February 04, 2022, 07:01:46 PM »

I’ve not been on this forum for a while, I’ve just tried Evorel Conti patches for the second time but can’t seem to tolerate them after a couple of wks or so, tried them again due to tiredness & low mood. I’m 53 in March, had last period around 50th bday.

I do suffer from migraines without aura which have improved as I’ve got older. On Monday at work I had an aura for around 20 mins, vision loss, zig zag bright lines, slept all evening then had another shorter aura. No migraine followed but vision isn’t quite what it was before- bit blurry & difficult to focus when light is poor. I have had a couple of auras which preceded migraines but years ago. Started bleeding a little which in turn seems to affect ability to control bladder so removed patch. I think progesterone has this effect - a bit like stress incontinence before period. It’s just too much to put up with even if it settles after a few months - I walk a lot & can barely control or indeed feel bladder leaking when spotting like this.

Sorry for long post but am just wondering  if anyone else has experienced blurry vision on patches? Drs didn’t seem interested, told to book eye test which I have but it’s not until 16th Feb. It’s worrying me.

Also not sure of my alternatives to Evorel Conti? Really disappointed to have to stop them, would be grateful to hear of other’s experiences or any advice  :(

Nas

Re: Evorel Conti side effects
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »

EC patches are horrid in my experience. Must be the norethistone in them, but I experienced period pain and irritability with them. M

What about a separate oestrogen patch and progesterone such as utrogestan? Evorel or Estradot for example? Or oral HRT? I’m trialling femeston conti 1mg at the moment.

Good Luck, it can take a while to achieve a sense of balance with minimal side effects.

hwils

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:24:38 PM »

Thank you  :) I’ll make a note of them & speak to dr again at some point. I did take the mini pill for yrs when I needed contraception, maybe I’m better with oral progesterone

Radoy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:53:58 PM »

Everyone is different, but my Evorel Conti patches have been a godsend. My DEXA scans are much improved (I have taken primarily for Osteoporosis). You should definitely speak to your doctor and keep going until you find something perfect for you. But in my experience EC has been a good thing - after a month of feeling a bit odd it was very positive. Hope this helps.

hwils

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 09:14:19 PM »

Everyone is different, but my Evorel Conti patches have been a godsend. My DEXA scans are much improved (I have taken primarily for Osteoporosis). You should definitely speak to your doctor and keep going until you find something perfect for you. But in my experience EC has been a good thing - after a month of feeling a bit odd it was very positive. Hope this helps.
Yes I know people whom they’ve really helped - I felt they did improve my mood even after 2 wks - you’re right I should keep going & look for alternatives

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 09:49:44 AM »

Ideally it would be better to try whatever product you decide, on a cyclical basis and then you will be able to tell if it is the progestogen causing the problem? For example you could switch to Evorel sequi for a while or even Femseven sequi if they are available? Otherwise there are separate oestrogen patches (or gel or spray) and progesterone.

Hurdity x

hwils

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 05:22:33 PM »

Ideally it would be better to try whatever product you decide, on a cyclical basis and then you will be able to tell if it is the progestogen causing the problem? For example you could switch to Evorel sequi for a while or even Femseven sequi if they are available? Otherwise there are separate oestrogen patches (or gel or spray) and progesterone.

Hurdity x
Thank you for the suggestions, I think I was given Evorel Sequi when I was still pre menopause but never tried them. Once I’ve got to the bottom of blurry vision I’ll speak to dr about trying something else. Have been feeling low about it as found post Xmas tough with low mood & excessive crying at nothing  :'( was hopeful about HRT & my husband said in the 2 wks or so I was on patches seemed more myself.