Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Now my hair is shedding !  (Read 1834 times)

Jenny j

Now my hair is shedding !
« on: January 25, 2022, 09:50:40 AM »

I've just about had enough my hair is literally everywhere on my clothes ,pillow ,shower since I'm on blood thinners I don't no if it's them or having to stop oestrogen cold turkey I can't take supplements yet u ntill Friday when I stop the medication it's been a nightmare does anyone have any ideas about my hair please😯

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Now my hair is shedding !
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 10:50:11 AM »

Do not stop medication cold turkey!

It isn't often known what causes hair shedding.  My hairdresser explained that as we age the follicles don't grow back as quickly.  Mine appears to be thinning.  There are several threads here so you are not alone!

Jenny j

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 11:12:40 AM »

I had no choice about stopping the medicine I can't speak to a gpwho k nows anything about HRT for 3 weeks absolutely terrible.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 11:32:34 AM »

Ask for a phone call.  Ring the Receptionist and make the request, either with the GP or the Pharmacist.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 02:31:23 PM »

One of the side effects of blood thinners can be hair loss. Also stress can do this. It takes around three months for the hair to react to a stressful event. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321590

How long ago did you experience the blood clots caused by your period of immobilisation in hospital?

Taz x

Jenny j

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 09:36:09 PM »

Actually it will be three months this week so it looks like it could be the medication I hope now I'm about to finish it I will start to see an improvement.

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 01:17:22 PM »

My hair was getting thinner as i got older, but not really noticeable,until i went on HRT specifically Evoral Conii
My daughter was also prescribed EC and her started falling out, as mine did all over her clothes ,keyboard pillow etc,
She is looking for different HRT but there doesn't seem to much choice in patches at the moment, no idea why,i thought the shortages had all been dealt with
My hair thinning initially was put down to stress,which it could have been but the EV conti made it 100 times worse,
The shedding has settled down now, but not growing bak as the Dermatologist said it would,
It has been about 2 years now,
Even tried Minoxidil, it has made no difference at all