Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Which hrt  (Read 1157 times)

LSmarty

Which hrt
« on: February 12, 2022, 07:15:13 AM »

Hi everyone

I had my 3 month HRT review over the phone with my doc on Thursday. I have the mirena fitted and I'm taking 75mcg of Evorel which I feel isn't enough, still load of symptoms and added acne, cramps, spotting etc. Previously I was in premarin  for a LONG time with no problems but she says due to the blood clot risk she's not keen to go there again.

She asked me what I want instead?
 So does anyone have any recommendations, any new HRTs that I'm unaware of that could make life worth living again 😂

Thanks

Les xox

Taz2

Re: Which hrt
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:03:48 AM »

Could it be the Mirena which is causing the problems rather than the Evorel? Acne is a known side effect and a work colleague of mine also suffered cramps and erratic bleeding so had hers removed. She changed to Evorel sequi and was fine though the Norethisterone in it doesn't suit everyone.

Taz x

LSmarty

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 08:16:03 AM »

Hi Taz
I've never had bleeding or acne with the mirena in the past and been using mirena for 30 years plus.

Les xox

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 08:20:33 AM »

Ah ok. Sorry I thought you had been on it for three months.  :-\

LSmarty

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 08:24:51 AM »

No sorry I've been on evorel for 6 months starting on 50, now 75 but my doc reviews every 3 months atm

Les xox

LSmarty

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 07:37:02 AM »

Still interested to see people's recommendations
What hrt are you most happy taking?

Thanks xox

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »

Hi lessmart - you could try increasing the Evorel patch gradually to 100 mcg or there are other alternatives like the new oestrogen spray - Lenzetto which appears to be quite popular. Go to the home page of the forum and do a search for threads on this. Oestrogen should not cause acne as far as I understand - this is usually due to progestogens or testosterone?

If your symptoms still include flushes and sweats then this is a sure sign that your oestrogen is still too low for you?

Also though your needs will change as you get to menopause so it depends where you are on you journey - what worked at one time may not work now?

If tablets worked previously for you then these are still an option though it is difficult to achieve the higher dose on tablet oestrogen as 2 mg is the highest available.

Hurdity x

LSmarty

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 06:51:48 AM »

Thanks Hurdity xox

LSmarty

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 07:04:58 AM »

Hi all

I think I'm actaully having an allergic reaction to something but not the HRT, I just have to suss out what it is now 😂 🤔
Les xox