Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 2373 times)

Mandyk

HRT
« on: November 21, 2021, 04:20:18 PM »

Hi Guys
Looking for some help
I am on Fermoston conti HRT and I am wondering if I am allowed to take vitamins alongside these.
I have read that vitamins such as
B6
Isoflavones
Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium
Are good for menapausal women but not sure I can take them with HRT
please help

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »

Why do you think that you require Vitamins?  If U have a balanced diet, exercise, keep hydrated, the body does it's own thing.

How long have you been on HRT?  A full blood test for thyroid function, VitD levels and iron by your GP is the starting point.

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 03:44:00 PM »

Hi Mandyk
You can most certainly take magnesium and zinc, these two should be taken at night to help with sleep. Zinc straight after supper as sometimes can cause nausea if taken without food. If I don’t take my zinc I find I’m very irritable the next day.
You shouldn’t have to take calcium if you are taking vitamin D. Vit d works best if you take it with K2. The best one’s are the combined D3 & K2 sublingual.
The B vitamins can be a bit of a problem for some people as they can be quite excitatory! It’s a question of finding the one’s to suit you and start off slow. Lozenges are a good option as you can start by taking 1/4 and work up depending how you feel.
xx

Katherine

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 03:53:44 PM »

I know you can take magnesium with it, it is my all time fave mineral. I have a good diet but when I supplement I feel huge benefits from certain supplements. Apparently when you are stressed you use loads of magnesium and lose it from your bloodstream so it is definitely worth supplementing. And B12 improves my concentration. I think it depends on the individual. I would just check with your GP if all the things you take are compatible with HRT. x

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 09:16:47 PM »