Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pelvic pain and pain in hips  (Read 1875 times)

Slinks27

Pelvic pain and pain in hips
« on: February 03, 2022, 03:10:51 PM »

Does anybody else get really bad pelvic type pain and pain in the hips? I seem to have it majority of the time at the moment and my cycle is all over place along with my hormones, don't know if the 2 are connected. Had ultrasound, up to date with smear, blood tests done fr allsorts, all clear. Any advise would be welcome really pulling my hair out now and going to end up divorced at this rate. TIA

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pelvic pain and pain in hips
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 03:15:30 PM »

Hi! currently I have acute R sided sciatica in t he early hours, probably due to my not kneeling when going chores.  As well as pain deep in the R thigh.  This morning I have lifted items that I use daily off the floor to avoid bending.  When gardening I kneel anyway! 

Hip pain is felt in the groin.  Pain over what we call the 'hips', i.e. the pelvis region, is from the spine.  Have you tried pain relief?  Do you have an exercise regime? 

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 03:40:12 PM »

Hi, I did have a bad back but this pain feels different and deep. I've physio a couple of times but struggling with it as in so much pain and always worse when a period is coming. Exercise is virtually none existant. Just take paracetamol which domt do much but I can't take anti inflammatory because of my asthma.

tambourine queen

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 10:55:38 AM »

Hey!
Yes I get this sometimes. It freaked me right out and I got blood tests, X-rays- the works. And nothing was wrong. That was the first time the doctor mentioned perimenopause to me.  I don’t get it all the time but it comes and goes.
I did some light yoga- I don’t love yoga but it was good for stretching. And I just try to walk it off. Also hot water bottle and ice packs.
But it has eased off now- maybe because I’m not so worried about it now. I’ve moved onto obsessing over other symptoms!  ;D ;D
Hope that helps!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 01:35:37 PM »

Strangely - after moving items that I use regularly onto a table above my waist level, the sciatica didn't wake me in the night  :o. Surely 8 hours of kneeling and not bending wouldn't have improved the pain ?

Low back pain is background.