Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feel slightly foolish asking this but do I have piles?  (Read 3468 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel slightly foolish asking this but do I have piles?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 02:42:38 PM »

or Ovis Fruits from H&B - Mum swore by them.  They have figs in  :-X. Half a cube at night ;-)

applejack

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2022, 09:40:29 PM »

Oh well this is all very annoying...

The doc was great (not seen this one before, I recently moved). She had a good look, found the coil strings, said they were all fine and yes, tricky for me to do myself due to tilted cervix. But, she did see traces of blood in there which she thinks needs investigating despite having been investigated lots and lots only two months ago.

She did say that yes, if you tamper around and change things HRT wise, these things can happen, but the coil shouldn't really cause bleeding incidents in post menopausal women (pre and peri, then ok).  Neither of us were saying it was anything urgent, and since I'm due a followup in two weeks time with the consultant who did the polyp removal and clean up, we'll leave it until then.

I mean, I'm a terrible worrier and hypochondriac but I'm not too concerned at the moment.  She reckoned that it's possible the straining dislodged some bloody mucus that was up there anyway rather than dislodging the coil itself, if that makes sense.  But the problem for her is that the blood shouldn't have been there in the first place.  Before I went to see her today I got some old blood come out when I went for a wee so that was a bit of a bummer.

Does the menopause ever just, you know, give you a feckin break?  Cos I could really do with one, having just had the year from hell :-(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 09:42:02 PM by applejack »

Tulip

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 04:32:47 PM »

The blood which came out can't have been stuck in somewhere if it's mostly fresh red. 🤔
I'd be wanting answers, because it is worrying not knowing, it's a bit shoddy of them to shrug it off and make a guess IMO! But.. you haven't got long till your appointment, so try not to overthink it and worry about what you don't know yet. (Easy for me to say!)
For softening a bm, I totally agree with the magnesium and liquorice suggestions - I don't have any problem with mine, but I do  take magnesium, and now & then liquorice root tea, (which is not only gorgeous, but it's brilliant for a host of other health stuff), and I notice a difference in my bm.
Magnesium - if the pack recommends 1 tablet, double it. It will not do any harm taking it in high doses because your body flushes it - the way to tell if your last dose was a bit too much is that it makes you loose. 👍
I take oxide because the citrate made me feel awful.
I really sympathise with your meno nightmare, sadly you're in good company here! Only the women going through it can truly know how it feels, and empathise. 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 05:43:24 PM »

It does give you a break.  Sometimes - it's The Change: does what it says on the tin  >:(

Old blood is usually brown.  Red bright blood is OK!

Let us know how you get on.
Pages: 1 [2]