Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Oestrogel but with green sq on bottle instead of orange sq, Like water to me?  (Read 9311 times)

Opal

Mac99 I was ok on the orange square estrogel but when i got the green ones as that was all the pharmacy could get i had a recurrence of symptoms, my doctor changed me to lenzetto and i have never looked back it seems to suit me better

Mac99

• First Flush

Thanks Opal, this is exactly what I needed to hear! I feel like I’m going mad at times trying to navigate this process. I’ve requested a change from GP so fingers crossed.

Claire D

• First Flush

Hi all - there is definitely a problem with manufacturing of some batch codes of Oestrogel - i would be really grateful if anyone could let me know if they still have the bottles of eostrogel that they were having problems with - I am collating the batch and site codes for Besins to investigate.   Cheers.  Claire

Hurdity

It cannot be weaker. They all contain exactly the same amount of estradiol and if they are given the same name, and from the same company then it will be the same formulation. Sometimes a different name for the same product  on different countries. Seriously girls, there are more important things to worry about than the colour of a square on a bottle of identical gel!!!

As I have often said, there are many ways in which absorption can vary - mostly to do with the woman herself ie her own hormonal status - where she is in her cycle, her menopause, where she applies it on her body, when she applies it on her body, the area of skin covered by the gel (this is very imprecise, unlike a tablet or patch), the temperature in the room, the temperature of her skin, the thickness of her skin etc etc, and last but not least, her expectations of what the gel will do, as well as her mood generally. I would have thought that batch variation is so slight as to be negligible given product control and oversight by the company, by comparison with all these other factors.

Previously we have covered potential differences in storage by import companies - leading to deterioration - but the company itself has tested out storage and various temps etc and have found the product to be pretty stable...

Try to look on the positive side and think that you have HRT oestrogen gel and that it is going to do you good. If one week or so, you feel less good - maybe has something to do with external factors, or if your menopausal symptoms are returning after a few weeks, then maybe you need to increase your dose - which is easy to do with gel :)

Hurdity x

Scampidoodle

I think the amount of people who have noticed a difference, not just on here but on other forums too, there must be a difference for some and that experience is valid for that person.
I for one had issues with Estrogel and Oestrodose. Fine on Estrogel and horrendous depression and anxiety and hot flushes on Oestrodose. That wasn’t just a bad week and no other external factors. So I feel for all the women going through this and hope you find a way through xx

Marchlove

Welcome Claire D,

I have an old bottle somewhere which I hated, so I’ll have a look and get back to you.

M x

Turkish delight

Thanks Scampidoodle,  :D

I have had a mega issue with my Oestrogel. I don't take note of what square colour is on my bottles as I use them or what if anything it means, but do have both colour squares that the pharmacy provides as they have them, and I was aware of the colour theory that is believed among some.

I will say that I have had a very severe drop off in my estrogen dosage even though I'm on a high dose and have had symptoms under control for a while, I'm post meno too.

I didn't know what was happening and why even though I was well aware of the talk about the strengths of estradiol of gels coming from different factories.
Symptoms all returned, I have literally lost half the hair off my head no exaggeration, I had insomnia, hot flushes, headaches, brain fog, and was crying for most of august before the penny dropped and I connected the dots and realized there was a big issue. That took a while as I had brain fog lol!

The struggle is real and it affects everything else in life when the dose is like a moving target, it sucks!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 03:57:38 PM by Turkish delight »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]