Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Oestrogel but with green sq on bottle instead of orange sq, Like water to me?  (Read 9314 times)

Uptick

Well done, alibeau, and thank you for the update. Keep us posted.

Turkish delight

So I ran out of my Amber square bottle a couple of weeks ago. I didn't want to believe the whole Green square Amber square thing, partly bcz there's nothing we can do about it. Plus apparently, there's a Yellow square one too.

I had trouble with reoccurring symptoms back in Jan and Feb, but didn't know anything about the squares theory then so didn't take note whether I was on the less potent bottle(Green)

So after a good month on Amber, symptoms were under control again though I had upped the dose by half pump, I now have insomnia, headache, bad tearfulness, mood swings, dry throat, and aches again. So I'm thinking there is something to this. It's weaker it seems!? Based on my own anecdotal evidence, who is going to spend the money to test this out in a lab!?

Louise2010

https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

You can report any product that’s defective here if you want to.

Hoffgrad

It’s 31st July 2022 and haven’t posted on here for a long time.   Been using oestrogel for many years (alternating with patches in the past).   I’m now 62, had hysterectomy and oooherectomy 14 and 3 years ago.  Lately I’ve started having awful hot flushes snd night sweats which I never had even when I went into surgical menopause.  I am using two pumps, 1 morning and 1 night. 

I’ve only just read the posts about Besins gel with green square and amber square and checked my bottles ( I usually keep some in reserve).  They are all green square.

Is there an issue with the composition of the gel???

Pippa52

I am finding this really concerning as I am about to restart Oestrogel today. Was on it for over 20 years till last year and since then have been on a roller coaster of Lenzetto, Evorel or Estradot none of which have worked for me. I was really well on Oestrogel originally then it became scarce due to the shortages so praying it will work again for me so the news of the green dot is not great . Picked up my prescription just now and one pack has a green dot the other an orange one 🤫 gulp

Gnatty

Some on here have noticed a difference. I didn't until my prescription switched back to orange square at which point I had quite strong symptoms of too much oestrogen for a few days! So, I would try increasing by half a pump and see if that helps for a few days and then if no improvement go up to three. Fwiw I am ditto surgical menopause and on orange square take three and a half pumps. When I was on green I used 4/5

Pippa52

Some on here have noticed a difference. I didn't until my prescription switched back to orange square at which point I had quite strong symptoms of too much oestrogen for a few days! So, I would try increasing by half a pump and see if that helps for a few days and then if no improvement go up to three. Fwiw I am ditto surgical menopause and on orange square take three and a half pumps. When I was on green I used 4/5

Thanks Gnatty for your advice - really appreciate it P xx

warwick01

Hi

I use 3 pumps of Oestrogel and recently noticed a massive change regarding symptoms. I have suffered really intense night sweats and day sweats ;D. Only visited GP last week and told her I think the gel had stopped working...... just checked, all have green squares.

May be weaker due to demand :-\

Wx

Dotty

I’ve used green and orange and haven’t noticed any difference x

joziel

I think I read that it's the other extra ingredients in the gel which are different, so in theory it should be the same dose of oestrogel - but it might be that some women are absorbing better/worse due to the change in the non-active ingredients affecting absorption rates.

Does anyone have both the gels and can they look at the 'non-active' ingredients or excipients? Are they the same and in the same order?

Pippa52

I think I read that it's the other extra ingredients in the gel which are different, so in theory it should be the same dose of oestrogel - but it might be that some women are absorbing better/worse due to the change in the non-active ingredients affecting absorption rates.

Does anyone have both the gels and can they look at the 'non-active' ingredients or excipients? Are they the same and in the same order?

joziel .....I have one with a green square on and an orange swirl under it's name (Estrogel) it states 'other ingredients ''Carbomer, Ethanol, Triethanolamine and Purified water''(in that order)  the other has a yellow square ( called Oestrogel)no orange swirl and the other ingredients are ''Carbomer, Ethanol, Trolamine and Purified water''  I looked up Trolamine and Triethanolamine and it says this ''Trolamine, which is also referred to as triethanolamine (TEA), is a tertiary amine and a triol. It is a bifunctional compound that exhibits both properties of alcohols and amines''. 

Also just found this ''Triethanolamine vs Trolamine - What's the difference? - WikiDiff |https://wikidiff.com › trolamine › triethanolamine
is that triethanolamine is (organic compound) the tertiary amine (ho-ch2-ch2)3n derived from ethanolamine while trolamine is triethanolamine.'' 

Confused.com  :(   P xx
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:02:47 PM by Pippa52 »

joziel

Sounds like the same thing to me. I guess we don't know if the quantities of those are the same. Like maybe there's more purified water in the more watery one!?

Marchlove

I’m note sure how much purified water would add to the equation, other than weakening the effect.
You’re  right though,  the the quantities should be listed.
The two ‘T’s sound interesting, one organic and one derived. Derived sounds synthetic to me!

Pippa52

I’m note sure how much purified water would add to the equation, other than weakening the effect.
You’re  right though,  the the quantities should be listed.
The two ‘T’s sound interesting, one organic and one derived. Derived sounds synthetic to me!

Marchlove - totally agree with you - it does sound synthetic! x

Mac99

• First Flush

Hello,

This is my first post and unfortunately it’s because I’m experiencing exactly the same issues with the green dot bottles. I have had my life changed since starting HRT ( all amber bottles) but my new prescription is the green dot and I feel dreadful after 5 days despite doubling my dose. I’m hoping to swap to lenzetto as I wanted this originally.  Has anyone swapped from the gel to the spray and been okay?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4