Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bacterial vaginosis ??  (Read 2861 times)

Dane34

Bacterial vaginosis ??
« on: February 03, 2022, 05:56:00 PM »

As anyone suffered from this ?

Story so far

I felt all was not good in vagina, tummy felt uncomfortable, swelling on left side of vagina wall just as you go in.
Spoke to nurse practitioner(No gp appt)
Given Vegifem, I’ve been using this for 7 days now. Did urine sample 21 jan , still not back
Yesterday I’d had enough, symptoms were probably bit worse, again no gp
Only nurse.
She ask all routine questions, from my description she didn’t think urine test would amount to anything neither do I
She then spoke to gp, who prescribed
Canestan pessary & cream. I used the pessary  last night.

Thought all was well this morning, as I thought it wasn’t as bad. Later in the day
I thought no it’s not 🤦‍♀️
My stomach doesn’t feel normal discomfort feeling odd.
When Im passing wee the liquid feels hot
But doesn’t burn like cystitis. If I sit down  it’s very uncomfortable underneath internally

I’m on the website tomorrow 7.30am to get triaged and fed up off feeling like this
Them just guessing, even I am now
Bacterial vaginosis because nothing else fits. No discharge, no hurting when weeing
I have had these symptoms before in the past and not got to the bottom of what it is, only “ yes it does look at but red”

Any ideas

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bacterial vaginosis ??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 06:13:46 PM »

Urine will leave at body temperature. 

B.Vaginosis usually has an odour.  Nurses are often better with menopause than GPs seem to be ;-).    Canestan is given out because they don't know what the vaginal problems might be!  I used 1 years ago: the pain and irritation were so bad I sat in a cooling bath for 2-3 hours to get relief  :-\.

Vaginal Atrophy is treated with either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin'.  The idea is to use nightly for 10-14 days or more, until symptoms ease.

1 of the first symptoms for me is a heavy feeling across my lower belly,  I've not yet worked out why.  It simply is  :-\.  Sitting down with VA can be really uncomfortable, some use a ring like a child would learn to swim with: settling the vagina over the gap can give relief.  As can taking 'nurofen' or similar on a regular basis until the 'vagifem' kicks in.  Occasionally two pessaries are necessary - 1 at lunchtime, the other at night.  It really is Trial and Error sometimes.

This does sound like VA and you should ask for a face2face with the Nurse.  Let us know how you get on!

Lyncola

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 08:46:22 AM »

I had bacterial vaginosis, as CLKD says it did have a very strange strong smell, and a grey discharge that did not easily wipe off. My doctor put me on both the tablets and cream to insert. Soon sorted it out.
So probably is vaginal atrophy, and it does take a while to settle, and finding a combination of products that will work for you.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 09:07:48 AM »

Morning all.  Usually GPs do a swab for BV. 

How does the area feel this morning?   Keep using the VA treatment every night until symptoms ease.  Let us know how you get on.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 02:10:31 PM »

How are you?