Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen too high?  (Read 790 times)

Masmeno

Oestrogen too high?
« on: February 04, 2022, 07:06:14 AM »

So I have been on hrt for 18 months -
Estradot 100mcg (started on 50, gradual increase)
Utrogestan 
Testosterone - androfeme

Worse peri symptoms were mood/rage, insomnia and tinnitus. Hrt really helped my mood but the tinnitus got worse and insomnia has been hit and miss (mostly miss) resulting in oestrogen and Utrogestan tweaking to try and resolve.

A month ago I spoke to gp about irregular bleeding as was having 2+ periods a month. Result was she asked me to stop hrt for 6 weeks and referred me for a scan to check things out.

Within 2 weeks I had the scan and all looked normal. So gp said I could go back on hrt with increased Utrogestan dose which is needed to match high level of oestrogen I am taking to reduce the bleeding. 

Here is the dilemma - during the 2
Weeks off hrt I slept well and the tinnitus went but the mood returned. In the last 10 days since restarting hrt my mood has lifted but my insomnia is so bad and the tinnitus has returned with a vengeance.

Could hrt be making my sleep and tinnitus worse? I was wondering if it is the 100mcg patch and perhaps I am on too high a dose..anyone experienced similar?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:17:41 AM by Masmeno »

Dotty

Re: Oestrogen too high?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:53:24 AM »

Hi do you take the Utrogestan every day or for 12 days a month ? X

Masmeno

Re: Oestrogen too high?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 08:15:36 AM »

Hi do you take the Utrogestan every day or for 12 days a month ? X

Hi!
I have done both over the last 18 months based on mixed advice from docs. I slept ‘the best’ when I was on one a night and the worse when on 2 a night for 2 weeks of the month. The doc has asked me to resume hrt on the 2 weekly regime -3 a night for 2 weeks - to try and get a handle on my bleeding. I am currently day 10 of the oestrogen only phase of the month.