Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: What would you try next?  (Read 769 times)

Teacup23

• First Flush
What would you try next?
« on: February 01, 2022, 07:37:06 AM »

Getting a bit tired of trial and error after more than a year.... I was on 4 pumps of oestrogel which seemed to work quite well for 6 months but then seemed to stop. GP said I couldn't take more so I switched to Evorel 50 patches which don't seem to work and that seems a lower dose to me (also I don't really like the patches)

Also I take Utrogestan 200mg for 14 days but always start to bleed about 7 days into taking it and this continues for a few days after stopping it (light spotting). It's light but I am bleeding for more than half my cycle most months which is a pain.

My GP has no idea how to adjust things and in fact prescribed completely the wrong thing initially with Utrogestan every day which led to constant bleeding and it was advice from here which helped me ask for the right thing.

Has anyone any advice on what to try next?

Dotty

Re: What would you try next?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:45:18 AM »

Hi if you were on 4 pumps of Oestrogel then the equivalent patch would be Evorel 100. x

Teacup23

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 08:32:04 AM »

Thank you. Would altering the utrogestan dose at all help reduce the spotting/early bleed? Anyone know?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 05:44:46 PM »

If you consistently start to bleed 7 days after you start the progesterone then you could try to tweak your cycle by counting the first day of the bleed as Day 1, finish the course of progesterone but start to take it again on Day 15. See if that settles after a few months? Also if you are taking it orally you could try taking it vaginally so that more gets to the uterus where it is needed? As always if anything about the bleeding concerns you then do speak to your doc but ideally find one in the practice that is a bit more knowledgeable about HRT and menopause!

Hurdity x

Teacup23

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 04:09:05 AM »

Thanks Hurdity