Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I’m new! PeriMenopause - Struggling  (Read 1000 times)

Woody

• First Flush
I’m new! PeriMenopause - Struggling
« on: January 31, 2022, 09:50:26 AM »

Hello all! I am new and hoping to reach out to you lovely humans please!

I am 41 and beleive I am Peri Menopausal. My periods have been getting gradually very light (except for a heavy day 1) and cycles are erratic, between 18-32 days) for the last 10 months,  always been 24 days on the nose since I was aged 11.

Always had to live with minor social
Anxiety but I now have whole host of new things which is starting to affect my mental health to the point I am concerned. I have a lovely husband and two young children and nothing has changed in my personal life to warrant the changes.

Main things are:

Anxiety (don’t even know why I am, just that feeling)
Few days, sometimes weeks where I am depressed and tearful
Moments of feeling rage
Obsessive thoughts
Dizziness occasionally
Palpitations or sweats at night (not all the time but vary)
Can’t get to sleep
Inability to focus
Forgetfulness (get lost when driving familiar routes, losing items in house
Forget words or what I was saying

Feel like I am going mad! I am generally a very positive person and it’s now affecting my relationship and my 6 year old is noticing.

Could hrt help? Would be great for honest opinions please. Thank you x x x x

mandss

Re: I’m new! PeriMenopause - Struggling
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:02:10 AM »

Hi there, I can relate to your story as it is similar to mine. I was about 45 at the time and did not know that the peri stage was real. I have been on and off hrt for the last 5 years, now back on it and intent to stay on it. It can help with all the symptoms you have listed...I also keep a diary of symptoms which is really useful to look back on. I would speak with your GP, and consider HRT. There are also many herbal based remedies that can help and I use these along side the HRT. Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Woody

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 11:17:37 AM »

Mandss thank you so much! that’s so good to know! What herbal remedies do you use? Is it a vitamin / supplement ? Thank you I will call doctors today! xx

Cara999

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 11:31:03 AM »

Mandss so sorry your struggling. My periods have been like that for 4 years, I'm also peri. I've decided to bite the bullet and start on HRT to see if it helps.

I was taking menopace supplements in the beginning which helped a little but my problems have now heightened a little and my vagina is now affected big time!!! So needs must for me now.

Hope you get sorted xxx

mandss

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »

I currently take a multi vitamin aimed at menopausal woman and evening primrose oil. I am also using ovestin to treat my VA, As down stairs was taking a battering from the depleting hormones!!

Cara999

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 04:36:19 PM »

My downstairs is also the same, for me it's the worst part of all this xx

tambourine queen

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 05:45:44 PM »

Just wanted to check in and say I can completely relate to these symptoms. I genuinely sometimes feel I’m going insane. My periods are like yours too- ranging from 22 to 32 days. It’s all just such a lot to deal with. Also have a 6 year old. Bless him! 😂😂😂
Glad we’ve found this forum. I’m keen to go on HRT but my GP thinks not yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Techigirl

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 10:50:21 PM »

Hi,

I fully relate to your symptoms, and when peri menopause hit me I also thought I was going crazy and had little idea of what I was dealing with.  My initial conversations with my GP was that at 42 I was too young to be experiencing menopause symptoms and she prescribed anti depressants.thankfully I found this forum and went back got the GP who then prescribed me utrogestan and 1pump of oestrogel and within days I started to feel more like me.

I would definitely recommend speaking with your GP, some are good and some not so, and I found the Information from this forums and the nhs menopause site helped me explain why I thought my issues were peri menopause and not something else.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 01:19:16 PM »

Hi Girls

No one is every too young to be in peri-menopause the years leading to. our last period.  = menopause proper.

If a GP even suggests this then he should put his head down the loo and pull the flush.  10 times  >:(.  Many girls have 1 period then no more, rarely some never menstruate.  So one is never too young!

Woody - all that sounds like peri from where I'm sitting.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful, also see if there is a GP or Nurse Practitioner with an interest in menopause. U can also ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic: not a gynaecologist! : and do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.

:welcomemm: