Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 2 Week Wait Referral  (Read 1332 times)

Sid

2 Week Wait Referral
« on: January 31, 2022, 07:42:43 PM »

Hi, I posted a few days ago that a scan my GP insisted on showed a 7mm lining (but no other abnormalities). She has now phoned me to say she is referring me under the 2 week wait pathway to rule out endometrial cancer. I explained that I think I may just need a stronger progesterone and that I have asked Dr Currie for an online consultation, but my GP is not prepared to wait for the outcome of this.  It all seems a bit over the top to me and I am worried that I may be subjected to invasive tests I don’t really need. Any advice would be much appreciated  :'(

Dotty

Re: 2 Week Wait Referral
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 08:31:36 PM »

Hi if I remember rightly you are still in peri menopause, so should never have been sent for a scan in the first place. Hopefully, whoever sees you at the hospital will know that. x

Sid

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 08:46:08 PM »

Hi Dotty, I am post menopause but am on a sequential regime so have a monthly bleed x

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 09:30:24 PM »

Sid, your doctor really doesn't know much about HRT does she?  A gynaecologist who knows what they are doing would not panic about a 7mm womb lining measurement (with no other abnormalities) on a woman who is using HRT.  They would prescribe a heavy duty progesterone and then scan you again immediately after the bleed.

If you have the financial means, it would be worth seeking help privately to get a second opinion.   

Sid

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 09:53:12 PM »

Hi Mary, I tried to argue with my GP that we should just try a stronger progesterone to thin out the lining but she wasn’t interested and she wasn’t prepared to wait for Dr Currie’s response either.  Paying privately is not really an option (and is why I thought the email consultation with Dr Currie would be such a good idea). It is extremely frustrating that so many GPS seem to have minimal knowledge about HRT x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 09:54:47 PM »

MayB put off any discussion with your GP until your get the reply from Dr Currie?  Something concrete or mayB see if there's a GP with an interest in women's health.

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 07:44:01 AM »

Hi Sid are you definitely post menopause ? Have you gone 12 months without a period? The 12 months has to be when you’re not taking any form of hrt. x

Sid

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 03:01:43 PM »

Hi Dotty, I assume I am post menopause as I am 57.  I was still having fairly regular periods at 53 when I went on to HRT and don’t know when my natural periods stopped as I have always been on a sequential regime with a bleed each month. I woke this morning at around 3:00am worrying about all this x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 03:24:14 PM »

That's when the bladder begins to irritate and the waking hormone cortisol begins to kick in  >:(

What's the worst that could happen?

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 04:03:26 PM »

Hi Sid you may not be menopausal at 57. There is a thread on here about ladies who have a late menopause.  If you are still in peri menopause then a lining of 7mm is not a concern and a Sequi regime causes bleeding anyway.

If you are post menopause then a lining of 7mm may need a pippelle biopsy, which is a quick procedure. x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 04:44:08 PM »

One has peri-menopause anything between 10-5 years prior to the last monthly period = menopause.  It may take a while to realise that the last bleed has happened.  If not taking HRT it's 12-14 months without a period.  Mean age is 51 I believe but can happen before or after that age.