Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cressida Dick stands down (Report on Parties at Downing Street)  (Read 2399 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Cressida Dick stands down (Report on Parties at Downing Street)
« on: January 31, 2022, 06:50:54 PM »

Despite the Met trying to keep a lot of issues quiet until they hold their own 'enquiry' :

Sue Gray has blamed a "failure of leadership" for allowing parties to take place in Downing Street when the country was under strict lockdown.

In long-awaited findings, the senior civil servant says some events "should not have been allowed to take place".

Ms Gray investigated 16 separate gatherings - including three that were not previously known about.

Boris Johnson said he accepted the findings in full, as he faced questions and criticism from MPs.

In Sue Gray's findings, she confirms that the Metropolitan Police is investigating 12 events - on eight separate dates - for alleged Covid-rule breaking.

Of course, the Police man on the door of No 10 should have been more observant! 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 01:13:24 PM by CLKD »

Pennyfarthing

Re: Report on Parties at Downing Street
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 08:56:00 AM »

Just watching Sky News with Kay Burley.  She has had various guests on and is discussing the events that allegedly occurred at Downing Street during lockdown.

She’s not once mentioned her own birthday party with high profile people attending during lockdown and for which Sky banned her from our screens for 6 months!!  I honestly don’t know how she can ask questions about Boris or make comments about people who broke the rules when she is guilty too!  🤣🤣

Aprilflower

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »

I agree, to an extent.  But she's not leading the country and she didn't make the rules.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 10:10:15 AM »

Hello ladies.

There was a time when being exposed as a liar and a hypocrite meant the end of a career, especially a political one. Those were the days eh ladies!

Take care everyone.

K.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 10:17:18 AM »

I agree, to an extent.  But she's not leading the country and she didn't make the rules.

Sorry that wasn’t very clear.  I meant KB can hardly speak about anybody breaking the rules when she organised and held a party with many people in the media including reporter Beth Rigsby who doesn’t seem to feature on our screens much now. 

I know she doesn’t lead the country but she is in a very high profile TV job and is on our screens every day for several hours and is the first one to call out anybody for anything at all.

Aprilflower

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 10:38:24 AM »

Can't say I care two hoots about Kay what's her name.

I just believe we should be led by example.

I'm with you Kathleen.  Unfortunately I think he will hang on until he's pushed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:40:36 AM by Aprilflower »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 01:15:07 PM »

Better the Devil who we know where he is!   I can't say that I fancy any of the others  :-\

Where were the Police in all this?   :-\.  Surely they have a daily list of who is in/out and why? 

CLKD

Re: Cressida Dick stands down (Report on Parties at Downing Street)
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 01:14:25 PM »

Despite her saying she was intending to stay in Post, it seems that she has gone.   Someone needs to look at why the Police on the door at No 10 didn't check what was going on, surely they have a list of those expected into the house on a daily basis - if not why not? 

Aprilflower

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 02:10:42 PM »

Another forum I'm on, someone posted.

'one Dick gone, another to go'. 😂😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 02:40:25 PM »

better the Devil though  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 03:27:00 PM »

Hello ladies.

There was a time when being exposed as a liar and a hypocrite meant the end of a career, especially a political one. Those were the days eh ladies!

Take care everyone.

K.
That must have been long before I was born. Not sure I can think of any politician who doesn't tell the voter in front of them what they want to hear or just fails to give a straight answer.
Personally I'm heartily sick of party gate, it's time they reported on actual news.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 03:31:52 PM »

Yep.  With sabres rattling across Eastern Europe  :-\

Don't you remember the married MP who had to stand down, having got involved with a woman - Christine Keeler - who was in bed with a Russian spy.  Apparently ;-)

Limpy

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2022, 05:20:51 PM »

Despite her saying she was intending to stay in Post, it seems that she has gone.   Someone needs to look at why the Police on the door at No 10 didn't check what was going on, surely they have a list of those expected into the house on a daily basis - if not why not?

If those involved actually worked in No.10 surely they would be on any such list?  :-\

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2022, 05:27:43 PM »

Cressida Dick is the one laughing!  She is getting £575,000 payout plus £160,000 a year taxpayer funded pension pot.  She already has a £1million house and has the potential for earning megabucks from consultancy work.  I won’t be shedding any tears for her departure.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2022, 06:15:16 PM »

All those on any list or who entered No 10 should be interviewed.  However, the Met haven't really pushed for that because it may bring their orgniasaitno into disrepute.
Pages: [1] 2