Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Twitching lip  (Read 3448 times)

tambourine queen

Twitching lip
« on: January 31, 2022, 03:44:27 PM »

Hoping someone else out there has had this and can help me calm down.
Every month seems to bring new symptoms- I’ve had heart palpitations, sore joints, low mood, headaches, dizziness etc!
However this month seems to be a twitchy lip. It’s when I try to hold my lips open to put on lippy or smile- my bottom lip and the corners of my lips twitch! It doesn’t happen when my mouth is still - just when I do yhat!!!! I’ve of course decided I have MND or MS but in calmer moments I’ve seen it could be hormonal or could be anxiety related!
Please tell me I’m not alone!!!!!!!!
Had about 10 days now and it comes and goes. Trying not to bother the docs till I’ve had it at least 2 weeks as I felt I’ve been there a lot recently!
Help me please ladies!
Xxxx

Amazing grace

Re: Twitching lip
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 04:35:47 PM »

Hi tambourine queen, I can identify with all your symptoms and more, I've had the twitching lip and also a twitching eye lid, it's lasted a few weeks even months at times and then just disappeared, like you I try to wait as long as possible before contacting the gp because after years of having these weird strange symptoms I know most of the time they are related to anxiety and hormones, I too have gone down that road of diagnosing myself with ms especially since I get horrible pins and needles, I've actually had a brain scan and all was good, try not to worry I know it's hard, just wanted to reassure you your not alone in the strange twitching, if after a few weeks it hasn't gone contact your gp just to put your mind at rest.

marge

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 05:06:40 PM »

Yes, me too, twitchy lip and eyelid from time to time. All anxiety related l think. Mention it to anyone and l guarantee most people will say they’ve experienced it at some time.

tambourine queen

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 05:35:38 PM »

Thank you both! That is really helpful. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 06:23:35 PM »

Hi! I get the twitchy eyelid when tired or stressed. Not experience the lip yet!!!!

tambourine queen

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 09:07:05 PM »

Going to docs tomorrow for twitchy lip. It’s been two weeks. It’s not as bad but it’s still there. So convinced it’s something awful so need to go and see! Argh!

Amazing grace

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 09:51:09 PM »

I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing, anxiety will be making it worse, but you are doing the right thing seeing your gp, it will put your mind at rest.

tambourine queen

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 09:53:19 PM »

Thank you so much!

tambourine queen

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 10:19:38 AM »

Spoke to my lovely favourite doctor this morning. She praised me for waiting 2 weeks! 😂😂😂 She thinks it’s an anxious/tired twitch. Ignore and will go away. Then long talk about anxiety. She’s very behind hypnotherapy. Hooray xxxx

marge

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 01:07:39 PM »

Thanks for the update.  Pleased to hear you've been reassured and it's nothing to worry about.  Anxiety has a great deal to answer for!

Amazing grace

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 02:23:45 PM »

That's great news, that your gp reassured you, hope it disappears all together for you, I agree that anxiety has alot to answer for, really nice to hear an out from someone too, best wishes x