Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Morning anxiety  (Read 1451 times)

Beetle74

• First Flush
Morning anxiety
« on: January 22, 2022, 03:11:18 PM »

Hi all this is my first post on here. I’ve been experiencing some perimenopausal symptoms since last year which have came and went so I could manage them.

However in recent weeks I’ve seen an increase in anxiety without being able to identify what it is I’m anxious about. The main problem now is that I’m wakening every day feeling anxious, stomach is in knots which leads to it being upset. This is having a significant impact on my appetite and I’ve also lost some weight as a result. I then feel physically drained until at least lunch time.
My GP is saying it’s not hormone related and carrying out some tests however I’m sure it is.
I’m 48 and have just started sandrena gel 1 sachet and this problem was there before I started the gel.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Morning anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 03:16:38 PM »

Cortisol.  The waking hormone.  Which can be upset during peri-menopause.

:welcomemm:  may GP prescribed betablockas to ease those early morning surges.  I would wake terrified, anytime after 3.30 a.m.  :'( It was prehensile fear. 

Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful. Let us know how you get on.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 03:19:45 PM »

Hi there and welcome to the forum,yep,exactly as clkd says,cortisol/adrenaline,this is how I felt every morning,an I was awful and like you, I didn't know what I was anxious about,I'm pretty sure it is all meno related but good that your GP is double checking,some Drs are pretty clueless when it comes to the many symptoms,so do mention you are a member of this forum,it sometimes makes them sit up and take note

JoannFran

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 04:26:16 PM »

Hi - I'm 46 and experiencing exactly the same.  Wake up every morning with pounding heart and anxious which lasts pretty much all day.  I'm on beta blockers as I had an SVT (210bpm heart rate for an hour). the beta blockers helped a bit at first but don't seem to be doing much anymore.    It's horrible isn't it.  I've been anxious before in my life but this is like an actual physical sensation.  The knotted, churning stomach is awful.

I really feel your pain.  Could your gel need increasing?  I tried HRT in the hope that it would get rid of the anxiety but it unfortunately made me worse  :(

Anyway, sorry I'm not much help but wanted you to know you're not alone.  xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 06:04:35 PM »

4 me it doesn't take long to set in.  MayB an appropriate anti-anxiety medication JoannFran?

Florrie2

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 10:20:47 PM »

I had it daily during peri-menopause and only mildly now I’m in surgical menopause. It happened with no reason behind it which is why I thought it was hormonal.
I tried to acknowledge it and tell myself it was just my hormones making me feel that way and there was nothing to worry about. I tried to breathe into the area where I felt it most which sometimes helped to calm me a bit.
I hope you find a solution to help you.

VictoryV

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 10:36:07 PM »

I didn’t get palpitations but the anxiety was debilitating. I thought I’d got rid of it by month 2 of HRT but in month 4 I got the occasional morning anxiety as soon as I opened my eyes when the alarm went off. I changed the time I put the gel on from 9am to 4pm and it seems to have stopped it.

I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy so I hope you get shot of it soon.

Victoria xx