Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Don't know what to expect  (Read 922 times)

Hayley Gardner

• First Flush
Don't know what to expect
« on: January 31, 2022, 12:28:44 PM »

Hi all, i had my last proper period in october, night sweats were horrendous, gp has confirmed it's that time and has put me on HRT, my question  is, I don't know what to expect, how i should feel or will it help . Im 50, suffer with depression and have done for 16 years plus, taking all meds as I should I started on the patches on Saturday just gone, still having spotting which I understand is normal, when will that stop. So sorry for all the questions xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Don't know what to expect
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 01:20:39 PM »

Hello Hayley and welcome to the forum. With HRT you may feel different while you are adjusting to it. They say it takes 3 months to know if it is the right one for you. It should help you with the hot flushes you describe. I am sorry to hear you suffer with depression. I do too and it is hard enough without going through this too. You can have spotting for up to 6 months when starting HRT. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish too. That is what this forum is for.  :)

BeachLife

Re: Don't know what to expect
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 12:55:04 PM »

Hi Hayley, sorry to hear about all the horrible stuff you've been going through.  I am also new to all this, took my first HRT tablet last night. Like you, no idea what to expect hence me joining here.
It's scary but I am hoping things will get better, hopefully they will for you too xx