Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Light periods  (Read 2248 times)

Curlygirl

Light periods
« on: January 31, 2022, 06:59:56 AM »

Hello lovely ladies

Do any of you have or did have light periods?

All through my 30’s and 40’s and up until last summer I have had very heavy periods. The kind where you can’t leave the house for a day or 2.

Last summer,  I noticed that they are getting slightly lighter each month that went by.

The last couple of months have been very light for me. A bit unnerving as I’m used to them being very heavy.

I mentioned this to my GP when I saw her at the end of last week to discuss HRT. She didn’t seem concerned. Have any of you ladies experienced this?

I expected they would get even heavier as time went on so this has taken me a bit by surprise and does add to my anxiety as it’s so different to what I have been so used to xx

CrispyChick

Re: Light periods
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 08:54:12 AM »

I've never had heavy periods, but now, in the throws of peri, my periods are very light.

Each month I go through hellish symptoms... With not much to show for it. It is completely normal. I had a scan in Nov, and all was perfectly fine.

It's probably your hormones changing. It's also a blessing. I feel for those with very heavy bleeds.  :'(

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 08:59:29 AM »

CrispyChick thank you for the reassurance.

Last month I had awful cramps and got myself ready for a heavy one but it wasn’t.

I suppose I have to just get used to anything and everything being normal at this time.

What a rollercoaster Peri is.

I’m having blood tests tomorrow to check my thyroid, iron etc.

It’s the worst having heavy periods as I know from experience.

I will try to relax and enjoy the light ones for now. Who knows, the heavy ones could make a return xx

Cara999

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 09:40:21 AM »

Hi curlygirl I've experienced this also for about 12 months, even though the cramps were much worse the blood flow only light. However these last couple of months everything has switched, cramps not too bad but really heavy bleeding.

The peri life likes to keep us guessing what's next....

Hope you're well xxx

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 09:52:51 AM »

Cara999 last month I had awful cramps for 24 hours, but only light bleeding and looks like it’s still light again this month, all started yesterday.

Oh no, I bet you thought you were done with the heavy bleeds, and back they came.

I’m alright lovely.

Let me know how’s things go with your appointment this week xx

Cara999

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 11:26:25 AM »

Curlygirl 24 hours jesus poor you, I never have them that long.

I will do, when's your appointment? Are u still giving HRT a go xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 11:44:32 AM »

Cara999 I know, was awful. Hope I don’t get that again this month  :-\

Appointment is tomorrow for blood tests for iron, thyroid etc. Then GP is ringing me Friday to see if I want to go ahead with the HRT. Definitely going to give it a go. Nothing to lose is there really? Give it a go and see how it is. Can always change / stop if it doesn’t suit. Got to be worth a try xx

Cara999

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 12:16:41 PM »

Curlygirl I hope it eases a bit next month!

My appointment is tomorrow, thays exactly 💯 my thoughts, if it doesn't suit we can always stop it xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »

Cara999 please do let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow.

In this together xx

Cara999

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 03:18:00 PM »

Curlygirl will do....girl power!!!

Curlygirl

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 08:07:28 AM »

Did any of you also find with the light periods that they come in spits and spurts, not a steady flow?

Mine starts as spotting then a bit of a flow and back to spotting and so on. Never know when to start counting day 1🙄

Cara999 how did your appointment go yesterday? We’ll I hope? Xx

Cara999

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 09:22:09 AM »

Curlygirl it's today I got mixed up!!

I'll let you know xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 09:27:44 AM »

Cara999 Oh no. Well  good luck for today then  :) :)

Peri brain strikes again xx

Cara999

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 05:00:34 PM »

Curlygirl had my appointment, need a fave to face assessment before I start on HRT cannot get in until the beginning of March, so looks like you will be starting before me....so you can keep me updated!!

When is your appointment? Xxx

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 05:12:59 PM »

Did any of you also find with the light periods that they come in spits and spurts, not a steady flow?

Mine starts as spotting then a bit of a flow and back to spotting and so on. Never know when to start counting day 1🙄

Cara999 how did your appointment go yesterday? We’ll I hope? Xx

This is due to the fluctuations in hormones I think. The signal goes out to start shedding the endometrium so flow starts then it gets a signal to stop and flow stops and then it starts again etc. That's how I see it anyway!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2