Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy  (Read 3455 times)

Nas

Hysteroscopy
« on: January 28, 2022, 05:54:58 PM »

Has anyone had more than one hysteroscopy and all has been okay?
I’m having a second one in less than a year, due to post menopausal bleeding whilst on HRT. I hate them and I’m worried I’ve now got endometrial cancer!

:(

Wrensong

Re: Hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 08:05:41 PM »

Yes Nas - had 3, several years apart.  All OK each time.  Agree it's not a nice procedure, but over with quickly & better checked than left to worry.  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 08:09:20 PM by Wrensong »

PHW1972

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 09:42:36 PM »

I have just had my second one and awaiting results, hopefully if yours was ok less than a year ago then this time will be the same for you xxx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 07:35:43 AM »

I’ve had 2 pipelle biopsies in 12 months….both ok. Just had a hysteroscopy and waiting results. So 3 in 18 months x

QueenofReds3

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 12:33:11 PM »

I have had 2 hysteroscopies both due to post menopausal bleeding in the last 3 years. I was fine with both but nervous as always when it comes to anything like this, I had a colposcopy 17 years ago which I will spare the details but it scarred me for life so always worry  unnecessarily. Like others have said best to get it checked out and all will be okay I hope.xx

Nas

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 03:11:32 PM »

Thanks all.
I say “ post menopausal bleeding”, but more HRT induced bleeding! I’m so sick of it now. I just want to be free of HRT and all it’s side effects. But how? I tumble into hormonal hell within a week!

Urgghh and the hysteroscopy, yuk!! 😬

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 07:05:30 PM »

Hello ladies.

Nas -  Like you I have had post meno bleeding but always as a result of increasing HRT, I would begin to feel better  emotionally but I would have to reduce again due to the bleeding.  Recently I discovered that alternate nights of Utrogestan vaginally was no match for three sachets of Sandrena gel, this was especially noticeable when I missed one day of Utrogestan which resulted in a bleed. My meno doctor was not worried and a change of progesterone has sorted that problem, my moods however are  suffering again and I am beyond frustrated with it all.

Take care.

K.

Nas

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 08:16:21 PM »

Kathleen, May I ask what progesterone you were changed to?
I’m thinking of norethisterone if the hysteroscopy outcome is good.

Beyond frustrated sums it up nicely.
I actually have no idea what to do next in terms of HRT.

Xx

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 11:56:49 AM »

My sympathies Nas. I have had about 3 or 4 hysteroscopys over the last 6 years or so due to PMB. The last one was just over a year ago & all were caused by a fibroid or polyp, but in all that time I hadn't changed my HRT in anyway. I am on Femoston conti low dose & take 1/2 tablet a day.
Years ago when I was trying a lot of different combinations of HRT to find one that suited me I was bleeding every 2 weeks for days. It went on like that for 6+ months. I was at my wits end with it.

They always advise me to come off my HRT but if I try I go downhill within a few weeks. Hot flushes being the main problem.

Hope you find asomething to help Nas.

Love Cazikins xx  :cat48:

Nas

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 12:00:18 PM »

Hi Caz,
Thanks for your reply  :)
So are you on femeston Conti now? That’s what I’ve just switched to, but 1mg, not the low dose.
How do you find it? Any bleeding?

I think part of my bleeding has been switching regimes etc to try and find a balance. I’m trying hard to persevere with femeston, but not sure it’s going to be enough.

We will see.
Has everything settled for you now?

Xxx

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 12:41:07 PM »

Hi Nas,
No bleeding apart from PMB in Jan 2021 & several times over the last 10 years or so - but I had been on this HRT for about 5+ years. The only thing I have done is to cut them in 1/2 & that was about 2+ years ago. I do not think I had PMB because of any changes in my HRT routine it seems more a case of a fibroid or polyp than anything else.
The last time (Jan 2021) I was very, very worried as at the initial examination by the gynae she told me this could very well be cancer & a McMillan nurse was on hand to help me with the after shock eg: telling what will happen next like a full hysterectomy to start with, don't worry I'll be with you throughout all this".... as kind as she was I was a bloody mess.
I had a hysteroscopy within a week or so & a different gynae said in was a polyp which was removed.
It is still a worrying time though isn't it? no matter what people tell us we are going to worry. At the end of the day we cannot control this yourself & we have to rely on the experts.

I agree I do think your issues are because of you changing regimes, I really had to stick with Femoston for almost 6 months before things settled down.

When are you having your hysteroscopy?

Cazi xx  :cat48: :cat48:

Touch wood, ywe everything settled down within days & I'm sure yours will be too.

dahliagirl

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 11:50:31 PM »

It took over a year for my bleeding to settle on Femoston Conti.

Nas

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 09:11:34 AM »

Oh crikey dalia, a year? Was it bleeding every month, two weeks, 10 days?
Are you still on femeston?

Nas

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »

Cazi, I had the hysteroscopy on the 4 th February. It was fine, all normal. Until then, I’d been on the 75 patch with 100 utrogestan for over a year.

It was suggested that the utrogestan wasn’t enough to oppose the Oestrogen and that I should try doubling the utrogestan or have a coil fitted. Tried the additional utrogestan and felt yuk and don’t want a coil. So I decided  to switch regimes 3 weeks ago, to femeston Conti, to see if a lower dose will stop the bleeds.

So are you currently on the Conti low dose now Caz? Xx

Cazikins

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 12:07:24 PM »

Hi Nas, I have been on Femoston low dose for ages now can't remember exactly but it must be at least 5 years??? It did take a while (approx 6 months) for the bleeding to settle down but I am very happy on it now, even though I have had several episodes of PMB in that time. Hysteroscopys needed etc, pressure to come off HRT from gynae etc. At the end of the day it was my choice to continue - without HRT I probably wouldn't be able to work, enjoy a night out or go on holiday etc.
Have patience Nas. You will need at least 6 months without changing your regime in any way for you to know if it is going to work.
Cazi xx
Pages: [1] 2