Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Unexplained Bleeding  (Read 1091 times)

angelteejay

Unexplained Bleeding
« on: January 30, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »

Help!! 😢 I’ve had left side pelvic pain for over a month now. Then a couple of days ago I had uterine cramps. Now I’ve just noticed browny coloured blood when I wipe after going to the loo. I have lower back pain like period pains but am in the mini pill and HRT. I’m really worrying and feel frightened something is wrong 😢

Flossieteacake

Re: Unexplained Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:54:08 AM »

Please do not panic. I understand this is frightening but take a few deep breaths. Being on HRT can cause spotting. Would you like to say which one you are on?

angelteejay

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 10:04:43 AM »

I’m on Evorel 50 oestrogen patches plus Cerazette for progesterone. My GP said that was right for me as couldn’t tolerate Utrogestan.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 10:06:58 AM »

This is interesting as I was on the same combination as you. I was then told I must be on progestogen. How long have you been on this? I have read that people can have spotting in the first 6 months of HRT. I am sure somebody more knowledgeable will reply soon.

angelteejay

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 10:10:16 AM »

I’ve been in it for exactly three months. I was on the gel and Utrogestan from Jan - Sept 2020 but it made me really poorly. I stopped then tried again three months ago.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 10:12:12 AM »

I just looked it up for you and I read you can have bleeding for the first 6 months of using it. Hopefully your bleeding will stop by then. I can relate to you feeling poorly with the Utrogestan. I hope your new combination works better for you.

angelteejay

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 10:19:43 AM »

It caused so many side effects so my gp said carry on with Cerazette as it’s doing what it should be. I had a scan on my bits and ovaries had shrunk so much sonographer couldn’t see them and womb healthy but few small fibroids. This on going left side pain is worrying me now the bleeding. I’m so worried 😟

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 10:24:50 AM »

I remember having terrible pain on my left side. I think I may have had an ovarian cyst. Luckily it eventually stopped. As you are worried, would it help to talk to your GP about the pain?

angelteejay

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 10:46:30 AM »

Yes I have done. I had a FIT test two weeks ago which came back clear so will ring them again tomorrow.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »

That is a good sign. I am glad you are calling your GP tomorrow. I hope they will help to reassure you.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 12:42:19 PM »

I'm not sure that the mini pill is licensed to be used as the progesterone element for HRT as it's not considered strong enough. I think we talked about this on your previous thread. Could you ask the GP again about this when you speak to them? Also mention your fibroids as these can grow while using HRT.

I hope the bleeding settles soon for you and that your anxiety lessens. Breakthrough bleeding is common when on continuous HRT.  :hug:

angelteejay

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 03:31:30 PM »

Thank you. Yes I will call tomorrow and see what they say. I’m due for a three month review anyway so good timing.