Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feeling Low 😞  (Read 1792 times)

Jojo Acorn

• First Flush
Feeling Low 😞
« on: February 13, 2022, 11:11:14 PM »

I’ve recently started HRT and after several different attempts have finally found progesterone tablet and
Oestrogen gel to be my treatment.  After 9days all is going well with symptoms but I am feeling very low
And down, not sure why or if it’s related.  Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Flossieteacake

Re: Feeling Low 😞
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 08:46:25 AM »

Hello JoJo Acorn. Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you are feeling low. I know for me I felt low starting HRT as it took me time to adjust to it. I hear they say it takes 6 weeks to know if the HRT is going to be suitable. When you say you feel low, is it something you can cope with or more severe? When I was on femseven I felt severely depressed and suicidal and had to stop it. If you are feeling like that then I would stop it and ask for something else.

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »

Hi Jojo Acorn which progesterone tablet, and how much are you taking, also by which route? Progesterone is usually the culprit if you’re feeling low and many of us take it in a sequi regime to minimise side effects x
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 02:14:50 PM by Perinowpost »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 11:22:20 AM »

:welcomemm:  hormones go up and down, add any extra, i.e. HRT and they may take a while to adjust

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  How were your moods during your menstruating years?   I would sob the night B4 a bleed, even if a period wasn't due and OH! the anger in those 2-3 days prior to a period  :o

Jojo Acorn

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 03:42:51 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, I’m on Utrogestan 100mg tablets and one pump of Oestrogel, I’m also on anti-depressants for almost two years now and they’ve always kept me right. It’s only been 10days on this HRT treatment after trying different combinations for about a month. I know it can take a while but it’s been so long since I’ve felt down, it’s hard to handle again xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 03:45:43 PM »

Is there any wriggle room in the AD dosage?   When I feel low I up my dose for a week and my brain evens out ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 11:45:09 AM »

Any better this morning ?

Jojo Acorn

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 10:53:15 PM »

Thanks everyone for the reply’s, think I have the medication sorted now, new regime for just over two weeks now and feeling better, still a few sweats but to be expected.  I have found this site really helpful and people have shared same things that were happening to me so I’m glad I’m not going crazy !!!!  😍😊

Perinowpost

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 09:31:34 AM »

1 pump of oestrogen is a low dose, I was going to suggest increasing it to 2 pumps which is an average dose and should balance the progesterone a bit more. Glad you’re feeling better x

Jojo Acorn

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2022, 09:45:19 PM »

I might try that

On another note, cold sores !!!!    Are they related, since start my HRT I’ve had 4 cold sores in 6weeks started to really affect me, I hate them

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 09:05:38 AM »

Cold Sores - same virus as chickenpox.   Have U been near anyone with shingles?  Herpes Zosta - usually triggered when the immune system is low.