Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Difficult Side Effects  (Read 796 times)

Dex139

• First Flush
Difficult Side Effects
« on: January 21, 2022, 06:06:27 PM »

Hi all and thank you for reading!!  I am (relatively) new to HRT, around month 4 and struggling!  I was under the illusion that HRT would help me sleep, however my experience is different.  I started on the Oestrogen Gel and changed to the patches as I find them more convenient.  I can't increase above Evorel 25 due to head pains and lightheadedness which is so severe I can't function.  Although this has helped my mood no end, I feel so wired and I just can't cope!  I am waking at 5am each day and spend the rest of the day shattered.  I wake after a period of heavy dreams so feel like I haven't slept at all. Just completely at my wits end when the general consensus is HRT helps sleep!  It has wrecked mine.  Does anyone have any suggestions please?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 06:40:12 PM by Dex139 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Difficult Side Effects
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 08:59:12 PM »

Hi! how are your periods, sometimes your cycle can over-ride the HRT.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful.  MayB ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic due to the head problems. 

Hopefully someone will be along who knows about this regime.

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:03:40 PM »

Just wondering if you're on utrogestan aswell ?as this can help with sleep ? Are you in peri or post meno ?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 11:03:04 PM »

Are you on a conti or sequi regime? If conti you could try a couple of cycles of sequi and see if it's different on oestrogen only. Usually it's the progestogen that causes problems. It can also be a symptom of both too much and too little oestrogen.