Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sweaty!!!  (Read 1534 times)

Kay Hardill

• First Flush
Sweaty!!!
« on: January 17, 2022, 08:10:44 PM »

I'm 51 haven't had a period for almost 3 years but im still sweating? Dr advised some herbal help rather than HRT. Has anyone got any reccomendations?
Kay

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sweaty!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 08:42:54 PM »

HI! do you mean sweaty all the while or hot flushes?  When my periods first stopped I had a glaze of sweat behind my neck across my shoulders, which lasted about 10 mins every night. 

Which herbals did your GP suggest?  Sometimes they can help for a short while - and shouldn't be taken for more than 3 months at a time: but when our hormones over-ride them any benefit is lost.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.   Decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  Let us know how you get on.

Browse round.   :welcomemm:  make notes ;-).  Do read the threads about 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy'. 

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 08:40:46 AM »

Hi Kay,
I have tried sage, boron, flexseed for hot flushes but nothing really helped. I had to start HRT as this was going on for 5+ years.
I heard that acupuncture might help, haven't tried this, if you can afford it would be good to try.
All the best

Haydo

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 12:26:40 PM »

Hi Kay

Sage helped me with night sweats.  I also would have for breakfast ground flaxseed and soya milk/yoghurt in a milkshake concoction with some fruit which helped too. 

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 07:40:23 PM »

I didn't have hot flushes or night sweats but I did sweat profusely during the day.  The sweating started just before my periods stopped.

I'm afraid the only thing that worked was a high dose of oestrogen - 3 pumps of Oestrogel.   I'm now very post menopause and can take a much lower dose and be symptom free but it took years to get there.   

Are you using HRT?