Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: The wait continues  (Read 1871 times)

CarryWarry

The wait continues
« on: January 19, 2022, 08:18:49 PM »

I was referred to Frimley Park Hospital on 7 October. I have heard nothing. I need a hysterectomy after 6 years of bleeding due to 10cm fibroid. (Hysteroscopy was clear last summer).  Is anyone else waiting forever?! I’ve tried in NHS and privately.  So fed up burst into tears tonight.  I’m 57 and so frustrated with it. I know we’ve had Covid but just a call to let me know the wait would be courteous.
Moan over.  :'(

CarryWarry

Re: The wait continues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 08:20:04 PM »

Forgot to say I’ve left countless
Messages to no avail ….

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 11:48:46 PM »

Could your GP refer you to another Hospital?  It's the lack of communication with the excuse of Covid, that makes me so angry.  The Health Service grinds to a halt every November onwards .......... due to seasonal 'flu admissions.  Is there an e-mail address that you could use, do you have the secretary's name to contact?

CarryWarry

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 10:36:23 AM »

I've emailed another gynae's secretary and have heard back IMMEDIATELY.  She sent an email at 7.45am bless her and she's phoning me today....fingers crossed.  Thanks for your reply CLKD.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 03:56:35 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  With the problems with C-19 etc. one often has to keep asking ........

KarineT

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »

Hi CarryWarry,

Is a hysterectomy the only option to remove a fibroid?  That's a bit of a drastic measure. I have a fibroid myself but it's 5cm big but it's not causing any issues but I thought it would.
When I went to see a gynaecologist, he mentioned that to get rid of fibtoids, one has to have a hysterectomy and I refused to have one.  I know that there are less invasive procedures out there for this. This gynaecologist also told me that fibtoids shrink during the menopause.