Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help- estrogel dosing & has prep changed?  (Read 1002 times)

shoppingqueen

Help- estrogel dosing & has prep changed?
« on: January 19, 2022, 08:56:20 AM »

Hi
I am on 3 pumps of estrogel. It feels like it’s stopped working after having a long time of full control of symptoms. I wondered there had been a change in prep? Dicky batches?
Anyway, has anyone split dose am and Pm and what experiences did this have? Im having meno symptoms at nighttime with hot head, tingling etc
Thanks in advance for any help/ ideas.
SQ

Turkish delight

Re: Help- estrogel dosing & has prep changed?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:38:32 PM »

Hia,

Maybe you have had a slump in your own estrogen levels? So therefore need more gel to get you back to symptom-free. That's what I keep finding, and am up to 6 pumps now after several years though slowly increasing, at a minimum effective dose.

I'm no expert, see what others say.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 07:08:54 PM »

Hi
Thank you for this. I was wondering if this might be case and I’m going to try again to add half pump back in slowly up to 4. I got headaches etc last time I tried but I’ve definitely had the night time symptoms.

EllaAurora

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 10:37:38 AM »

Hi Shoppingqueen & others,

this is an older thread but as I'm experiencing now exactly the same I wonder if you found a solution for your situation?
Has the dose increase helped or you perhaps changed to another product?

I wrote about this in another thread recently, I'm experiencing a return of symptoms despite being on 3.5 pumps and am clueless what's going on. :o I'm now trying to slowly increase up to 4 pumps and see how I get on.

Hope you're well settled now and feeling well! xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 11:58:45 AM »

I’m the same!!! There’s been a lot of talk about the manufacturing changes at Besins.

It seems now that some of the gel is produced in France and some in Belgium. You can tell this by looking at your patient information label in the box. Also there are either yellow squares or green squares on the front of the bottle.

It doesn’t seem to affect all users but it has me. The ingredients are supposed to be the same but it may be down to the way it’s been stored and temperature changes.

I’ve not increased as yet as awaiting blood test results!

EllaAurora

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 03:20:33 PM »

I’m the same!!! There’s been a lot of talk about the manufacturing changes at Besins.

It seems now that some of the gel is produced in France and some in Belgium. You can tell this by looking at your patient information label in the box. Also there are either yellow squares or green squares on the front of the bottle.

It doesn’t seem to affect all users but it has me. The ingredients are supposed to be the same but it may be down to the way it’s been stored and temperature changes.

I’ve not increased as yet as awaiting blood test results!

Hi! sorry to hear you are having the same problem.
I just investigated and the Estrogel package looks exactly the same as always and I haven't noticed any difference in the consistency of the gel. So I'm not sure if its about the product, or maybe its just my body. Its just like the gel has lost all its efficacy. Until late summer I kept on improving and then suddenly it stopped and I started getting symptoms back.  :o

I'll need to get blood test too, but I'm pretty sure my estrogen is very low. Just don't know what to do next. I can try to add more gel but then I'm already at 4 pumps and if even that is not helping, maybe I have an absorption issue? Would be interested to know if anyone has been able to resolve the absorption by changing product? I could still try Lenzetto, patch is a no go for me as I had such a bad experience with it.

What are you planning to do in case you blood test shows you are low?

Hope you will find better soon. xxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 04:57:28 PM »

Hi EllaAurora
I know what you mean about our own levels dropping, we can never really know what’s going on without blood tests.

I’m thinking of trying Sandrena. I currently use 3 pumps of gel am and 2 pumps in the evening. If I was to increase the gel, I’d run out of places to apply it!!! So with Sandrena being more concentrated, I’d use less! That’s the theory behind it anyway!

Hope you get some answers and manage to get a blood test booked.

Hope you feel better soon too.

EllaAurora

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 05:35:48 PM »

Hi EllaAurora
I know what you mean about our own levels dropping, we can never really know what’s going on without blood tests.

I’m thinking of trying Sandrena. I currently use 3 pumps of gel am and 2 pumps in the evening. If I was to increase the gel, I’d run out of places to apply it!!! So with Sandrena being more concentrated, I’d use less! That’s the theory behind it anyway!

Hope you get some answers and manage to get a blood test booked.

Hope you feel better soon too.

Hi MIS71MUM, let us know how you get on with Sandrena. As its more concentrated so maybe it absorbs differently. I'm reluctant to move away from gel as it took me a long time to reach any kind of balance and otherwise have liked the flexibility with dosing. Switching between gels sounds more manageable, so I'll ask about it next time I speak to my doc.
Keeping fingers crossed it will work for you. xx