Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Progesterone dose  (Read 742 times)

Jop4321

• First Flush
Progesterone dose
« on: January 18, 2022, 10:36:11 PM »

My Gp prescribed progesterone 100mg over 4 weeks ago and i have been taking this daily ever since. (Also apply  2 pumps oestrogel daily). I read with interest that others only take progesteron3 for part of the month. I am over 12vminths since last  period so i wonder if this is reason why?

Kiwi Fran

• First Flush
Re: Progesterone dose
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 08:48:18 AM »

I’m new to this but I think this is why. When I started daily progesterone I had a period 2 weeks later and a very light one a month after that and now nothing. 55 days late. Even though I feel like I’m about to have one… nothing. I am planning on stopping the daily dose next week and trying the on of approach and see if I get one. I’m interested to see how many days off it takes to get one.  Sorry I can’t be much help. I asked about progesterone doses last week and only one person answered so sadly, I don’t think it’s a topic you’ll get much help on, maybe check through some of the question already posted?  Best of luck.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 11:46:04 AM »

Hi if you haven’t had a period for over 12 months then you are post menopause and so take the Utrogestan every day. If you are still having periods then you take the Utrogestan for 12 days every month ( 200mg ). X

Jop4321

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:40:28 PM »

Thanks ladies xx

Jop4321

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »

Thanks ladies xx