Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: It Shouldn't Be Like This  (Read 1192 times)

Gracie

It Shouldn't Be Like This
« on: January 18, 2022, 10:40:02 AM »

But it still is......

A new book and an interesting article on menopause in the Daily Mail today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10411819/Why-doctors-know-little-natural-HRT-stop-menopause-wrecking-life.html

Postmeno3

Re: It Shouldn't Be Like This
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 05:02:58 PM »

I think it's a very delicate dance that's current about raising awareness whilst being real about average experience. It's massively sensitive and I'm not convinced is being presented with the reality of complexity alongside the somewhat surreality of "success" if glamourised and sensationalised? 🤔

Gracie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 05:29:42 PM »

It’s easy to be frustrated by celebrities and their amazing easy journey through the menopause but at least its publicity for the Menopause.
We are all individuals and its trial and error getting the medication right but I hope women are intelligent enough to know that it’s not always an easy ride, for a lot of women it is, but not for all.

The more that is written about the subject the more women will be educated and form their own opinions on how, when and where to get help when they need it.

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 06:07:58 PM »

Gracie
The more that is written about the subject the more women will be educated
, I agree about the importance of raising awareness.  Have sent you a PM.
Wx
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 09:23:08 PM by Wrensong »

Gracie

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 10:47:35 PM »

Hi Wrensong,
Many thanks for your PM but for the life of me I have no idea how to reply to it. I don't find the website easy to navigate as it is but I will try to get my head round it tomorrow and send you a reply X

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 11:14:55 AM »

Hi Gracie, I agree it's not obvious how to use parts of the site -I'm not a techie & have struggled to make it out myself in the past.  I do all my forum stuff on a laptop so don't know whether it works differently on the phone app, but here's what works for me . . .

1  Click on My Messages tab in blue bar top L of screen.  That should bring up the message/list of messages.
2  Click on the message you want to reply to.
3  Click on Reply top R of screen.  In the pink bar at top of screen it should say New Message.
4  Enter the name of the member you want to send a message to in the "To" box just below the pink bar.
5  In the middle of the screen below the row of emojis you should see an empty box in which to type your reply.
6  Type in your message & when you've finished, click on the Send Message button bottom R of screen.

I'm assuming you were able to access the message, so if you want me to send these instructions as a PM, please let me know via this thread.  I hope this works for you.  If not please don't worry about replying. :)
Wx

Gracie

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 02:03:56 PM »

I replied, hope it worked!! 

Wrensong

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 02:20:11 PM »

Yaaaay!  It worked Gracie, thank you :).
Will come back to you via PM later when I have more time.
Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 02:42:15 PM »

Interesting and most of what is written we know to be true: pity GPs etc. aren't sent on an annual menopause awareness course!

:thankyou: