Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradiol levels too high? On HRT  (Read 995 times)

shoppingqueen

Estradiol levels too high? On HRT
« on: December 16, 2021, 09:13:55 AM »

Hello
Help please! Post meno and on HRT.
I’m on estrogel and have had my bloods done. My oestradiol level is 426 pmol/ L
I have a mirena coil and have 3 and half pumps of estrogel.
Have I too much? Is it worth dropping and if so by what amount do you think?
I’ve been feeling unwell and as of an increase in meno symptoms but overly quite fatigued. Not sure what to do.
Any help gratefully received.
SQ

laszla

Re: Estradiol levels too high? On HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 06:35:07 PM »

Hi SQ, from what I have read an estrodiol level in the 400s is good - I only wish mine were half as high as that, after 3 years on estrogel mine is a measly 110-ish. But if you're not feeling well that might be more important than the bare numbers - do you have someone competent to advise you?

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 09:30:00 PM »

Hello laszla
Thanks for replying 🙏🙏
That’s reassuring to hear about mine but yours?? I do hope you have symptom control??
I did email Dr Currie and had a really detailed response back. In the background I also have an underactive thyroid and I’ve had a very bad ‘thyroiditis flair’ following flu and honestly think this has thrown my symptoms off. I can feel a slip even when I have antibiotics, or anything basically.
I’ve decided on advice to stick at 3 pumps and ride it out. My endocrine system has probably been in free fall- well it definitely has- been quite poorly- so I’m going to try and be patient.
Do hope you are doing ok on the gel?
SQ x

laszla

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »

Thanks SQ, I don't have symptom control unfortunately(chronic fatigue and anxiety/brain fog) so I am going to do a DIY experiment of increasing the gel to 3 daily pumps and possibly even 4, then remeasure the estradiol.
I only wish GPs would, if not offer themselves, at least advise women to check their estradiol levels after a certain amount of time on HRT.
I knew something was wrong but because I dont have hot flushes or night sweats it is less easy to gauge other symptoms.
Glad you got a good response and hope you can find a good balance with the HRT and thyroid. :)

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 09:01:10 AM »

Thank you for getting back.
I hope your change of dosing has begun to help! I’m same with chronic fatigue and anxiety etc so I’m just not sure what to do. Think all my hormones are in free fall.
Hope things are improving your end?
X