Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil and hysteroscopy  (Read 689 times)

jorainbow

Mirena coil and hysteroscopy
« on: January 18, 2022, 10:43:24 PM »

Hi all. I am due a hysteroscopy under GA and the dr mentioned fitting a mirena as my lining is 16mm. I had one scan in December (12mm) and had my period 2 days later. I then had a horrid bleeding for 3 hrs after my second jab the end of Dec then a bit of a period then got covid and came on again. My scan was last Tuesday and I've been spotting since but when they asked where I was in my cycle I was honest and said no idea! Originally referred as bleeding was longer lighter or short and heavy with days of spotting. Is mirena normally fitted without heavy bleeding? I'm not on hrt, no troublesome symptoms yet but the pre period mood swings amd migraines are definitely better so I'm not really wanting to add hormones in unless absolutely necessary! Any advice gratefully received! 🙏
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 05:03:38 PM by jorainbow »

ocallagd

• First Flush
Re: Mirena coil and hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:02:06 PM »

Best thing I did was having a merina coil put in.  I was in a similar situation but it changed 2 months after having it put in. Thanks to the advice here as I wasn’t going to have it

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 06:29:15 PM »

But don’t be pressured into it if you don’t want it or are at all progesterone intolerant. I had to have mine removed after 6 months of persevering as my body hated it x

jorainbow

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:55:12 PM »

Thanks both! I could never tolerate the pill pre being sterilised so have steered clear of hormonal anything since 1998!  My period (from my last recorded date and ignoring the odd day of spotting) is due in a couple of days and feeling a bit teary and sore boobed so will have to see what happens. What does the mirena actually do? Will it regulate things a bit more? Will I need oestrogen? Why is it so complicated?!  ;D