Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femseven patches experiences  (Read 900 times)

Skipps

• First Flush
Femseven patches experiences
« on: January 17, 2022, 07:13:51 PM »

Please can you share your experiences of oesteogen only patches. I've not on started them and feel worse 😕

Amazing grace

Re: Femseven patches experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 07:43:58 PM »

I've been on estrogen only hrt for 4 years now, never had the patches you've got, but I was on everol for a long time, been on 25,50 and 75 patch, I've also been on estradot but they were awful for me, at first I felt worse  headaches, nausea and dizziness and strangely hot flushes increased at first too, but always stuck it out for at least 3 months before changing dose or method, some side effects faded with use some continued or they could have been menopause symptoms that would happen anyway, they don't cure all menopause symptoms but relieved the hot sweats within a couple of weeks, I eventually changed to estrogel, because I don't like having a patch, I had issues with sticking and itching where the patch was placed, what symptoms are you wanting to relieve?, and what side effects are you getting from using the patch?, if you can stick it out for 3 months you will be able to better see what they have helped and what side effects you are left with, I'm assuming you have had a hysterectomy if so how long ago was that, we are all so different when getting results from hrt it's very much trial and error and an awful lot of patience.

Skipps

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »

Hi Amazing Grace, thank you for sharing your experiences of hrt. I had my ovaries removed in 2012 when I was 43. Could not tolerate progesterone so had a hysterectomy October 2021. Started oestrogel 4 weeks later. Anxiety, mood swings, aching joints, brain fog and insomnia are my main symptoms. Remembering to apply oestrogel was an issue due to working 12 hour shifts 🙈 so advised to try patches. Femseven 50, same dose as oestrogel. Made insomnia and low mood worse. Increased to 75 month later. After 2 days, I am so weepy and IBS has flared up. I'm hoping if I  persevere my symptoms will ease. I've waited so long for hrt but now I'm so disheartened and worried it will not help my symptoms. I've been to nhs menopause doctor who recommended this hrt. If I feel as bad as this I'm not sure I can persevere for 3 months.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 08:54:02 PM »

Hello Skipps. I was on Evorel for 9 months before a different GP at the practice realised and said I need progesterone too. I tried two different tablet types which made me feel unwell and now I am on femseven conti. I prefer this although I too have side effects. I find they get better after a few months. I really hope you are able to tolerate the patches. It is hard to get through the side effects and all the more if you are working. I really do sympathise.

Amazing grace

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 11:11:19 PM »

Hi skipps, so sorry to hear its made your symptoms worse, I can completely relate to that feeling, I had exactly the same symptoms as you, when I first started hrt, my insomnia got to unbelievable levels, I also have ibs and it seemed to cause a huge flare up, I felt like giving in because I couldn't stand how much worse I felt, I also suffer anxiety and that too got worse but honestly I'm far from perfect I still get lots of symptoms but they are much more manageable, my insomnia improved after 3 months I know that's an awful long time especially when you feel so rubbish, but try to continue with it a while longer if side effects get unbearable ask doctor to try a different patch, some say it's all estrogen and makes no difference which patch you use, but that's not true everol worked good for me, but estradot was awful, unfortunately hrt is not a fix all cure, and it can take a long time to find a balance, I'm 4 years on and still can't find that perfect balance, but lots of things are manageable compared to how they were, if you haven't already I recommend taking a look at the hystersisters website, after my hysterectomy I found so much good information on there, and excellent advice because is specifically for ladies who have had a hysterectomy you will find everyone is more or less in a similar situation, they also have a section called the hormone jungle where ladies are still struggling with finding a hrt that suits them, I hope you start to feel better soon, remember if side effects are too much ask for a different patch, best of luck hoping you have better days soon.