Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Patches  (Read 1875 times)

Loobylou01

• First Flush
Evorel Patches
« on: January 18, 2022, 03:22:56 PM »

Hi,

I recently started Evorel patches after being on premarin for many years. I had a HRT review with someone from the Newson Clinic and they suggested the change. I am fine with this, however since the change my GP will only prescribe a months supply of Evorel (8 patches) per repeat prescription, when I was taking the premarin, I would get 3 months supply at a time. So am now paying a precription charge every month instead of every 3 months.Can this be right ? I queried it with the clinic, and they just said some GP’s prescribe month by month. This doesn’t seem fair to me. I changed to patches because of the reduced risk of dvt etc.
I wondered if anyone could advise ?  Many thanks in advance.

Sjb832

• First Flush
Re: Evorel Patches
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »

My GP has given me a prescription for 3 months of Evorel patches at a time. I still have to pay two prescription charges as each box has two types of patches which seems unfair but at least I get three months worth. Paying for them every month is very expensive!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 05:07:31 PM »

I only have one month at a time prescribed by my GP. It's always been the same for me over the last 14 years. Others do seem to get prescribed more though. There doesn't seem to be uniformity.

Taz x :welcomemm:

Fusseh

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 08:10:55 AM »

Following my last review in October my GP prescribed me 6 months Evorel sequi after I asked for it, due to prescription charge.

This is so frustrating. I can only recommend you are persistent and ask for the reason why. If they know other GPs offer 3 or 6 months they may shift their outdated view. Good luck

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »

after seeing a private meno doctor who sent my prescription recommendation to my gp. my GP said she would prescribe me 3 months supply but  I was given 3 months utrogestan and only 1 month gel! then when i requested 2 gel the next time I still only got 1 month, worryingly this shows that prescriptions are not properly looked at. previously when i tried femsevern conti direct from GP she prescribed my 48 patches!! they didn't suit me so used 4 months worth's which is 16 patches rest are wasted.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 10:30:50 AM by Emma »