Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Holidays 2022  (Read 4374 times)

QueenofReds3

Re: Holidays 2022
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 02:10:29 PM »

We have been to Corfu for the last four years , this year will be out fifth😊
It is my favourite Greek Island. Which part of the Island are you going to Pennyfarthing? The water is warm but if you go to Paleokastritsa,  it’s freezing 🥶

Two hoots

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 03:22:40 PM »

We went on a Baltic cruise a few years ago and loved it, so we are doing a similar itinerary in May  :)
We will go to Brittany but haven’t booked yet.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 04:38:35 PM »

We have been to Corfu for the last four years , this year will be out fifth😊
It is my favourite Greek Island. Which part of the Island are you going to Pennyfarthing? The water is warm but if you go to Paleokastritsa,  it’s freezing 🥶

Staying at Moraitika QueenofReds3.  We stayed at Dassia previously but went all over the island and loved it, especially Kassiopi.  Have you ever been to the British War Graves garden in Corfu Town? It is like a little oasis.  A very elderly man was caretaker there and there were loads of tortoises wandering about the garden.  I expect he has passed away now.

holidaylover

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 04:53:54 PM »

We had a lovely holiday in Agios Gorgios North in Corfu a few years back.  Very quiet.  We (hopefully) will get our holiday to Menorca this summer.  It's been our go to place for years since the kids were small.  Fingers crossed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 04:56:59 PM »

Oh I love tortoises but they don't do much .........

QueenofReds3

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »

I have been to Moraitika and Kassiopi , love the restaurants in Kassiopi, and Virginias cocktail bar😉. The north is lovely but for the last couple of years we have stayed in the south, very different, quieter and the restaurants are cheaper. The coastline is stunning, I was lucky enough last year to see dolphins just outside of Beniteses.
I have not been to the British War Graves garden Pennyfarthing, so will pay a visit. There is a Monty Don programme Friday 7pm, he visits Corfu and gardens there so it may come up. It is called Monty Dons Adriatic Gardens.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 05:16:24 PM »

How have you got on with the programme?  I feel that Monty is covering far too much in each programme, we hardly get a look in at the gardens  >:(

QueenofReds3

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 05:46:46 PM »

I agree CLKD, he rushed through on the Croatian programme. Still I am considering looking at there for future hols, I like these programmes as it gives you an insight into other countries. I have the travel bug at the moment😊

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 06:00:02 PM »

I agree CLKD, he rushed through on the Croatian programme. Still I am considering looking at there for future hols, I like these programmes as it gives you an insight into other countries. I have the travel bug at the moment😊

I caught a bit of Monty in Croatia. We had a holiday there and loved it.  We stayed at Cavtat and it was so pretty.  Dubrovnik is breathtaking too. 

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2022, 06:42:12 PM »

Croatia is apparently stunningly beautiful  8).  If we travelled it would be on the list of places to go to  ;)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2022, 08:02:06 PM »

Croatia is apparently stunningly beautiful  8).  If we travelled it would be on the list of places to go to  ;)

Bradley Walsh and son on ITV in Croatia right now!

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2022, 08:03:47 PM »

Yep - I watch for the RV  ;D Now I've got an ear-worm "On the Road Again"  ::)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:07:48 PM by CLKD »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2022, 08:09:26 PM »

We were walking around a beautiful headland  in Cavtat and a woman came running up to us and asked me some questions about the area. i asked her why she was running and she said she wanted to see as much as she could because she had just got off a cruise ship and had no idea Croatia was so beautiful but she had to get back to the ship.   She said she was definitely booking a holiday there next.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2022, 08:15:30 PM »

I used to know an elderly ex RAF man who had travelled the world both in the RAF and with his wife. They were unable to have children so spent all their money on lovely holidays.  I asked him where his favourite place in the world was and he said “Yugoslavia” which is of course now Croatia. 

C.C.

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2022, 02:19:03 PM »

Would love to go on a vacation this year. We didn't get the chance to go away for our 30th anniversary last year. It's doubtful a vacation is possible for a good while anyway since dh still isn't working. :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3