Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bleeding after almost a year on HRT  (Read 8423 times)

Dotty

Re: Bleeding after almost a year on HRT
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2022, 09:39:54 AM »

Hi 2mm is a thin endometrium and shouldn’t be anything to worry about. That’s probably why they’ve not fast tracked the internal scan.

If I remember rightly from my visits to hospital due to bleeding, anything over 5mm needs a Pipelle biopsy and anything over 10mm needs a hysteroscopy. I’ve had both. Once my lining was 9mm and then a year later it was 6.5mm and then a few months later it was 11.5mm. All of my biopsies have come back fine so the hospital discharged me each time. I’ve questioned the consultants every time and just been told “it’s one of those things.”

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2022, 09:44:23 AM »

Goodness Dotty, that must have been a huge worry for you!

Thank you so much to you and Nas for taking the time to reply. It means a lot as clearly I’m really worried 🥲
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 10:03:51 AM by Pinkwindsor21 »

Dotty

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2022, 10:22:37 AM »

Hi Pinkwindsor21. I did have times of panic and worry but tried to rationalise it. Dr Newson says that the majority of women who suffer post menopausal bleeding when taking hrt do not have any underlying pathology. The bleeding can usually be stopped by altering the progesterone.

Each time I’ve been to the hospital they are only concerned about cancer. They’ve not been interested when I’ve asked about my hrt or changing my progesterone. They just refer me back to GP and she doesn’t know what to do either !

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2022, 11:00:51 AM »

It’s really awful isn’t it?

My abdominal pain is still there and I really don’t feel ‘right’ down there so I’m worrying. I’m also additionally worried as to why I bled after a cervical scan as this has never happened before either.

Dotty

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2022, 11:01:58 AM »

My biggest fear is that someone will tell me to stop taking the hrt…. that’s not going to happen xxx

Nas

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2022, 11:25:07 AM »

Just a thought pink, but as your endometrial lining is only 2mm, I wonder if you have atrophy down there, particularly as you bled after the smear? But then you are having pain aren’t you? I still think this is HRT linked.
Seriously, I started evorel 75 in September 2020. By December 2020, the bleeds had started, after being on gel for best part of 18 months with zero bleeding. The bleeds didn’t relent, every 2/3 weeks, cramps, pmt, the lot. It was so infuriating!  I did feel balanced on that dose, but the t bleeds we’re getting he down. Eventually, at the end of January this year,  I gave up my patch and have started oral at a lower dose. I’m getting the feeling it isn’t enough oestrogen but I don’t want to bleed!

Your lining is thin, that’s great ( if not atrophied) and everything else is in check? I’d say this is HRT causing havoc. You may not bleed with the gel.

Try not to worry and I KNOW it’s tough and there is a temptation to ditch HRT altogether. Unless you know you would feel better without, I’d persevere with one regime or another.

Not long until your scan, hang on in there!

Xx
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 11:27:19 AM by Nas »

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2022, 02:58:28 PM »

Thank you so much Nas!

The abdominal cramping is unreal today! I’ve had to take painkillers. One area was tender when the GP pressed down it! It feels like contractions with a warm feeling. 

I started using the gel yesterday and so relieved to not have patches again. I’ve had to trust my GP though as the leaflet says don’t use if you’re experiencing abnormal bleeding!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:04:41 PM by Pinkwindsor21 »

Taz2

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2022, 12:45:15 PM »

It’s really awful isn’t it?

My abdominal pain is still there and I really don’t feel ‘right’ down there so I’m worrying. I’m also additionally worried as to why I bled after a cervical scan as this has never happened before either.

Have you had your internal scan now as I see you've had a cervical scan but thought you'd only had the external one so far. Sorry if I've missed it!  :-\

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2022, 09:13:34 AM »

Taz2… sorry that should have had swab not scan 🤦‍♀️

jayneaddo

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2022, 06:39:55 PM »

:(hi
I had this and it was polyps, along with hyperplasia. I had to have the polyps removed (this has happened three times now) and eventually a Mirena was inserted. Utrogestan didn't seem to work for me as uterine protection. I have six-monthly hysteroscopies. They took it seriously and were very thorough. No pre-cancerous cells found.

At its worst I had cramps in my lower back and thighs and quite heavy, period-like bleeding.

The Mirena has sorted me out and I'm almost at discharge stage. I wanted to stay on HRT. If I'd stopped the Oestrogel the problem might have resolved but I can't do that: my life becomes intolerable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]