Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Everol patches  (Read 1848 times)

Lilac22

• First Flush
Everol patches
« on: March 20, 2022, 02:39:31 PM »

Hi all
I have just joined as I am hoping to see if anyone else has had problems with bleeding on everol conti patches.
I had my ovaries removed 5 years ago and went on hrt after 2 years of struggling with sleepless nights which was not good as I was trying to hold down a full time job. The patches were good but I did get intermittent bleeding  every 3/4 weeks but wasn't too bad. Then the shortage of patches put a stop to me having them so I went into oestrogen gel and tablet utrogesten. Again I had bleeding and I had investigations to see if there was a problem. Scan showed no thickening of the womb, internal was fine, smear fine etc. So I asked to go back into patches but I seem to bleed even more now. It's getting to be nearly every 2/3 weeks and is getting me down.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does the bleeding mean I should maybe lower the patch dose by cutting them in half?
Sorry for the long post, hoping someone can give advice
Thanks

Suzysheep

Re: Everol patches
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 12:19:03 PM »

Yes I bled very heavily on everol conti patches. I had quite a few problems with them.
I think it’s a common problem with them. I have read it will settle down after around 6 months.

Lilac22

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 09:32:41 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I've been on them 10 months now and the bleeding seems to be getting worse. Should I persevere or try a different patch, if there is one??

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 12:12:34 AM »

Hi Lilac22. I found that all conti HRTs made me bleed. I was on sequi for a few years before being changed to continat the age of 55. Sequi regime suited me so I just swapped back to them. It gave me a predictable light bleed each month which was far better than the constant bleeding with conti.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 04:46:31 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I've been on them 10 months now and the bleeding seems to be getting worse. Should I persevere or try a different patch, if there is one??
  I have been on them for almost 3 years and still get intermittent light bleeding. Sometimes it works to use half patches instead of full. Trying that again now but may decide to give up and try to just use Vagifem.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »

Taz, are you post menopausal using a sequential regime?

I’m on femeston conti, but had a bleed this month. I’m hoping it was because I added extra lenzetto to the mix ( won’t do that again!)

I made the swap from patch to oral because of bleeding but worried that conti makes me bleed full stop ( although didn’t have that issue with gel and utrogestan as I recall).

😊

Lilac22

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 12:16:09 PM »

Does cutting them in half help with the bleeding? And so does that mean that it's too much estrogen that causes the bleeding?
I may try half a patch and see what happens
🙂

mandss

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 11:59:28 AM »

Following with interest as I either bleed or spot most days since starting conti 13 weeks ago..Tried a sequi regime but the bleed was some of the worst I have ever know. Coil also gave me bleeds almost continually. Feel like giving up on HRT again

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 03:46:37 PM »

Does cutting them in half help with the bleeding? And so does that mean that it's too much estrogen that causes the bleeding?
I may try half a patch and see what happens
🙂
It does seem to stop the bleeding for me. I was started on half patches for the 1st 2/3 months and didn't bleed at all then. I got my first bleed about 2 months after moving to full patches. My bleeding is very light when I get it. I only need a tampon  or pad during the day, not while lying flat in bed.